Used 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Proud to own an American!
By tn22310

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought a JGC Overland with 5.7 HEMI. What a nice car! Very quiet yet engine is strong when it needs to be. I was considering to buy a Range Rover Sport, but JGC has definitely nicer ride and navigation system with hard drive to rip your songs. If you are considering JGC, try to get the HID headlight because they are really bright.

1. HEMI - one of the best engines around 2. Navi System - fast, accurate and voice controlled 3. QuadraDrive II - goes through pretty much any condition out there. Be sure that your Jeep is trail rated too.

1. no audio control (not much) on steering wheel (like vol down/up) 2. rearview camera without the guide lines? (and the image is not as sharp as other competing vehicles) 3. legroom for the rear 4. fuel economy (or smallish gas tank)

Good Jeep
By Mr. Myron

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle 1 year ago and have had no major problems. Information system is excellent. The hard drive option is excellent for music, I have 1600 songs saved. I've averaged around 16-17 mpg in the city and 18-21MPG on hwy for the 4.7L V8. Bluetooth for the phone is excellent, heated seats front and rear are great. Only option I don't have is rear DVD player. Only issue is sometimes the navigation/radio will freeze up. Shutting the car off and back on solves the problem. I can count on 1 hand how many times its happened, and I've driven it 22,000 miles. Steering wheel radio controls are great and rear view camera helps immensely in parking. Great in towing & snow. No maintenance

Touch screen Navigation/information center, rear view parking camera, towing ability, rear outlet/plug for charging computer

More compartments in rear for storage, refine screens and playing options for hard drive music, better gas mileage.

For $45 buy a luxury SUV - Buyer Beware!
By KLH

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

OK, I went to get my lease '08 Jeep and have regretted ditching my BMW every since. Soon after I picked up my overland the sealant on the quarter glass window started melting, took numerous calls to Leith Headquarters and Chrysler headquarters until they finally agreed to fix my Jeep. On top of that the electronic items in the car fail at any given time - including auto headlights!!! Still after all this time it malfunctions at any given time, stalls on the road while driving, speakers stop working, hard drive crashes and stalls, wipes out info stored in it, the list is endless as to what malfunctions on this Jeep!

None because nothing ever works correctly on it!

Improve customer relations and speedier service to repair NEW cars! I waited 2 months just for parts to arrive to fix my Jeep! Improve the HDD so that it doesn't crash, stall or wipe out your data stored, be able to use playlists, ipod intergration kits! Not available AT ALL with this car with nav

Happy
By jose m.

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchase our Jeep G. Cherokee after driving a J. Cherokee Classic 2000 for about 7 years. Very nice upgrade and lot of interior room compare to our old Jeep. We are very happy and so far so good in gas mileage.

Dashboard features, very easy to reach everything while driving. Lots of power for towing.

Too bad we don't have a radio tuner on the steering wheel. It's not a must have it feature but would it be nice to have it.

Very Nice for the Price
By Steve

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I recently traded my old car in because I needed a vehicle with a trailer hitch. I had looked at many different vehicles, and none had everything I wanted. This Jeep is perfect for me. I got a well equipped Laredo 4WD model with the Red Rock Crystal Pearl paint, and black interior. The color is awesome! It drives smooth and it has a lot of power. The build quality feels very good. I love the sun and sound package which has a power sunroof and the 6 CD and satellite upgraded radio. Overall, for the decent price, it is a great car.

Sun and Sound package, towing capability, Interior and ride comfort. The tiptronic automatic transmission is pretty cool also.

Add some more interior accents in the rear of the Laredo model. Other than that, nothing.