Used 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

What A Ride!
By papaphil08

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I LOVE MY JEEP! This is my first GC. I purchased my 08 Overland last summer when gas prices where over 4 dollars a gallon, got 11 grand knocked off the price because they were not selling. Who's laughing now! I test drove a Lexus IS350, Ford Explorer, Edge, Lincoln MKX and Acura MDX. None can compare to the quality of this Jeep. Great fit and finish! For a SUV it rides like a Dream! Leather and Wood is Beautiful! Black with the chrome really turns heads, HID's are flawless! And let's not forget enough power under the hood to really humiliate the kid in the Mustang at the red light. Bustin a** with a EMPTY baby seat in the back! HaHa, I Love My HEMI. German styling/American Muscle, Awesome!

HEMI! Leather Interior, NAV and My GIG Actually, I Love It ALL! Can't complain about the gas mileage. I knew what the EPA was when I bought it! Actually gets 16/18 city and 18/21 Hwy!

Locking fuel cap. That's it!

Descended From Greatness
By 345jeep

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the real deal. It is not a cute-ute. It is not a car on stilts. This is a Jeep descended from the original. What does that mean. It means that the Jeep will not be the most spacious, it will not be the most efficient, it will not be the most refined. But, when properly equipped, it will take four people and their gear through almost all conditions in great comfort. Looking for a family hauler - - look elsewhere. This is not a modern SUV. It is old-school. If you want to really use your roof rack, use your 4wd, and use your hitch, then this is your vehicle. If you want to putter around the mall with the kids, this is not your vehicle.

Quadra Drive II 4WD system, Class IV trailer hitch, Hemi V8, pricing

Fit and finish (but hey, it's built by Chrysler so what can you expect)

I love it
By Amyvv

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Jeep Grand Cherokee and my 3rd Limited. I love them. I have bought other cars and suvs in between, but I always end up wanting a Jeep again. They are well built, nice looking and a great ride. I won't buy anything else again.

The heated front and rear seats along with the steering wheel radio controls

Bummer about the mpg's on the 8cyl hemi engine

Do anything, go anywhere, no problem...
By BikerAl

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Love it! This is my second GC and I haven't had any problems with either of them. I'm hard on vehicles and my Jeeps take everything I dish out. Power is plentiful with the Hemi and its very comfortable to drive, on or off-road. Hopefully the Jeep brand will remain intact post Chrysler bankruptcy.

Hemi power, Navigation w/traffic updates, Boston Acoustic stereo, auto headlights/wipers and versatility to serve as daily commuter and weekend off-roader.

I'd say a third row seat, but that would probably mess up all the other fine qualities of the vehicle. Nothing else.

Couldn't be happier
By Leanne

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

What drew me to this jeep was probably what draws a lot of women to a 4x4 SUV- I wanted to be able to drive over stuff and feel powerful so no one would mess with me on the road anymore. After years in 4 door sedans, it was time. The 2008 JGC has a sleek and classic body design and a standard interior design- nothing fancy, and that's the way I like it. I get about 21 mog, which is way less than when I drove a Honda, but I was well aware when buying this Jeep, fuel economy was not going to be that great, but I wanted something big and if I wanted fuel economy, I could have bought a Prius. Bottom line- I have fun everyday with my Jeep.

This jeep lets me have an almost Napoleon complex. I feel safe.

I have no suggestions in this category.