Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Need to recall
By Amy

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Jeep used last year with 24,000 miles on it. Up until now it has been absolutely wonderful. However,a few weeks ago I started experiencing loss of acceleration when turning. Then this week, I took a left turn and it would not accelerate at all. I ended up rolling to the other side of the road and was luckily able to pull over. Today I spent $950.00 replacing the electronic shift module. The car has currently only 37,000 miles which of course is just out of warranty. I am very disappointed to learn after the fact that this is a common problem. There needs to be a recall on this vehicle. This is a serious safety hazard.

recall and replace electronic shift module

Manual shift and display problems
By Vince M

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After reading some of the reviews here I realized that Daimler-Chrysler had a design flaw in transmission/electrical systems in 2007 Jeep Grand. At 24,000 miles our dealership replaced a transmission module to correct the slow acceleration problem. At 60,000 miles the manual shift option no longer functions at all . The dash warning light systems light up like a Christmas tree for no reason while driving and the check engine light goes on and off for no apparent reason. I saw several reviews describing the same problems and wonder what can be done if the dealerships can't find the cause.No doubt Daimler bailed out because they suspected big problems on the Horizon. A major recall is needed

I love the colorful array of warning lights that come on for no reason. I like the fact that the speedometer occasionally fails to register vehicle speed and I appreciate not being able to shift manually or close the passenger side window when the electrical systems are in freak out mode.

Chrysler /Jeep should admit the problem,identify it and do the recall before someone gets injured or killed...

Would Not Start
By Michael

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased 1 week ago but is in shop today. Won't turn over; dead - nothing. All dash lights and power windows worked. Dealer has not found the problem. My waiting continues. Jeep has only 31,700 miles! I have and have had other Jeeps. Not sure about this one.

Style and All Wheel Drive feature

If there is a know existing problem Chrysler should have a recall and fix the problem.

Not Happy
By nanmar

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Just outside warranty period. Had to replace the gear module. It cost $1100.00. I called Jeep, they were very rude. This is my second Jeep, will be my last. I do not recommend Jeep to anyone. They have really gone down hill.

Just purchased a lease
By flixx

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle after driving it as a lease the last few years (I know, not a great financial decision but I did not know that I was going to purchase at the time). Had few miles on it and I really loved the vehicle. Gets through the snow in amazing fashion. Had to get to the hospital on Christmas Day in Omaha, NE after a huge storm and had no problem at all with no streets plowed. Have driven it on road trips all around with no issues. Rides well in the city, country roads or interstate. Very comfortable. Have had no mechanical issues (knock on wood) with this vehicle unlike what I have seen with other reviews. I am extremely pleased with this Jeep and would recommend it.

Ride. Interior. Stability in the snow. Love the Hemi engine. I also just like how it looks. Very reliable for me in cold winters or hot summers here in Omaha, NE. no problems with the numerous potholes all around our city.

Gas mileage is awful but better on the interstate but what do you expect from a Jeep. I saw that the new Jeep has a Mercedes frame which should be an improvement.