Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Customer service nonexistent
By JF

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

July 17th was told I needed a part for 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo under warranty. Problem with shifting of the vehicle. Told my part would be in on Sept 23. Waiting over 2 months. Called Customer Service and keep getting switched from 1 department to another with no results. Was told my part was High Priority. When finally speaking to someone I am now told my part won't be in til Nov 11. I finally get them to pay for a rental, the cheapest they can get away with. Now they tell me the dealer will only pay for a 5 day rental and they can only pay for 14 days. They are to supply parts for a vehicle under warranty and it's not my fault they don't have the part. Why should I be without a car.

seat warmers & sun roof

Chrysler customer service

Dream Comes True
By Turbo

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Finally purchased my Dream Machine with help from Employer. Traded my company H3 and paid the difference myself to enable me to have a SRT-8 Company Car! Well its amazing, and probably the cheapest way to get 420 BHP in a 4x4. Amazed, it Torque steers to the right when you give it some, is this standard? It has an upgraded Exhaust and intake but unsure if this changes its performance much from stock. Radio is Boring but sounds good, who cares, No Spare, who cares. A true buy from the heart rather than the head purchase and I am so hooked I am looking for a nice Harley V-Rod to keep it company. I am a British Ex-Pat living in Dubai and Living my life, So fuel is not a Problem. BUY ONE

Engine, Engine and did I mention the Engine, Looks, Respect u get on the Road, Sound, Rear DVD, Wheel Design, So easy to just get in and drive with nothing complicated to set up. Handles like it shouldn't. No complaints

I will be picky and say the following. 1) Handbrake Lever! 2) Front Sensors Needed 3) Push Button Start 4) Remote Start/Cooling for Dubai 5) Should be standard Sat/Nav 6) None of the above Bothers me..

Need to recall
By Amy

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Jeep used last year with 24,000 miles on it. Up until now it has been absolutely wonderful. However,a few weeks ago I started experiencing loss of acceleration when turning. Then this week, I took a left turn and it would not accelerate at all. I ended up rolling to the other side of the road and was luckily able to pull over. Today I spent $950.00 replacing the electronic shift module. The car has currently only 37,000 miles which of course is just out of warranty. I am very disappointed to learn after the fact that this is a common problem. There needs to be a recall on this vehicle. This is a serious safety hazard.

recall and replace electronic shift module

Manual shift and display problems
By Vince M

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After reading some of the reviews here I realized that Daimler-Chrysler had a design flaw in transmission/electrical systems in 2007 Jeep Grand. At 24,000 miles our dealership replaced a transmission module to correct the slow acceleration problem. At 60,000 miles the manual shift option no longer functions at all . The dash warning light systems light up like a Christmas tree for no reason while driving and the check engine light goes on and off for no apparent reason. I saw several reviews describing the same problems and wonder what can be done if the dealerships can't find the cause.No doubt Daimler bailed out because they suspected big problems on the Horizon. A major recall is needed

I love the colorful array of warning lights that come on for no reason. I like the fact that the speedometer occasionally fails to register vehicle speed and I appreciate not being able to shift manually or close the passenger side window when the electrical systems are in freak out mode.

Chrysler /Jeep should admit the problem,identify it and do the recall before someone gets injured or killed...

Would Not Start
By Michael

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased 1 week ago but is in shop today. Won't turn over; dead - nothing. All dash lights and power windows worked. Dealer has not found the problem. My waiting continues. Jeep has only 31,700 miles! I have and have had other Jeeps. Not sure about this one.

Style and All Wheel Drive feature

If there is a know existing problem Chrysler should have a recall and fix the problem.