Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
By teem86

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Jeep in 2011. The vehicle overall has been given fantastic reviews and to drive and own one is best, however I have been having this one issue. It randomly bucks and the jeep loses power steering, no acceleration and the oil light comes on. Sometimes it can keep running if the gas is slammed on other times it can be restated immediately after it stalls. This issue happened shortly before I got the transmission cooler lines fixed after months of leaking. The jeep also had the Ignition switch replaced twice; once in '10 and then once '12. B2185 & P0884 show up when the computer is scanned. There hasn't been a fix to it yet and it's scary to drive because it's bucked on the highway.

I enjoy the leather/suede seats, fog lights, rear camera and sensors, towing capabilities, heated seats, moon roof, the hemi engine (sounds fantastic!), trunk space, off road capabilities, dual temperature control, large screen with 6 cds changer and navigation, style and shape of the vehicle.

put outlets and temperature control in the back of the middle console, Gas guzzler, rear seating space like a wrangler, and I went from a 1999 wrangler to this jeep so I'm not used to or like how the jeep is running all by a computer/computer sensors.

My Crown Jewel!
By stimp

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I cant say enough good things about this jeep. I have
a fully loaded with 5.7L Hemi. Black with a factory upgraded chrome rim. I truly feel this product rivals anything from the luxury brands. I bought it used with 36k miles for $25k. Now it has 65k. I replaced the battery thats it. My payment is $368 a month and people act like im rich to be driving it. My wife drives it more than I and gets way too much attention. It turns heads everywhere we go, but im blown away by the interior cabin comfort and feel and how it handles. its like a sports car.

My wife and I agree we are going to pay it off and keep it until I give it to my nephew. He is only 8 now so I will have it a while.

everything interior. its very comfortable and spacious and everything feels right. its like they designed by asking me where i wanted things to be.

none that i can say now. im sure i will find some issues getting up to 200k miles. but the repair will be less than a new vehicle and I will still have a bomb ride.

Excellent Ride - Envy of neighborhood
By alexcooke

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Only problem I have had is I had to replace the starter at 40,000 miles. Vehicle looks and is tough.

I am almost embarrassed to think that some of the reviewers don't realize that the shifter actually "bump-shifts" left and right to override the automatic transmission. This is why they all of a sudden find themselves in 2nd gear, on the highway, for instance. They accidentally down-shifted by bumping the shiter a couple of times. In fact, this is my favorite feature, as I can easily up and down shift when necessary. But for those who like to drive with their hand resting on the shifter, look out!

None.

Love my 07 larado
By kilikachris

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

bought this on a trade in from a 04 sable LOVE IT :) i grew up around jeeps dad has always owned one figured what the hell 77,000 miles on it havent had a problem even if there was its all easy to fix :) it's my daily driver.... i dont see how half of you complain about this jeep i'm starting to think it's the driver more then the jeep sorry my opinion

four wheel drive comfort and room power

NONE :)

hate this car2007 jeep gran cherokee
By amaysinone2

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

worst car every. nothing but troubles.stops running when it chooses to. almost got killed when it stoped running on the freeway. shift module needs to be replaced ,car has 44,000 on it. i will never, ever buy another chrysler veh. they need to have a recall on this. i guess we will have to get the state in it or some good lawyers.chrysler wont admit its a problem,and they wont help anyone with this. thats why they will always be no.3 this has been a nightmare,im afraid to drive it,never know when it will decide to stop or go. all the money i put out for this car and it sits in the driveway. come on guys STEP UP AND TAKE CARE OF THIS.after all we bailed you out.