Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

My JGC 2007 is a problem.
By jayyme

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Between 40-45mph my JGC 07 stops accelerating. Hesitates for up to 10 seconds, then finally gets going again. After owning the car for 6 weeks, I was turning onto a highway and all the power cut off. Pulled over and couldn't get it to start. No electricity either. Let it sit for a few minutes, and it started again. Took it to the dealership and they said they couldn't duplicate the problem, so they didn't fix anything. Today, it jerked hard when I put it into drive. Barely got down the street at 20mph- turned around- and it sluggishly made it back to the driveway. This is a 2 year old car! We owned 2 other Jeeps that were great. This one is undependable and I'm pretty disgusted.

Like the exterior design and driveablity on snow.

Acceleration, dependability, gas mileage.

lucky to be alive
By Max561

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

If you own 2007 Cherokee be very careful. A year ago I turned onto a very busy road and lost all acceleration, with the peddle to the floor all I could get to was 15 mph. I took the Jeep in and they said nothing was wrong and informed me it was most likely bad gas. Apparently this was not the case as it continued to happen almost weekly, and now a year later it happens several times a day. I have had my jeep in service several times for this and they always tell me there is nothing wrong. Someone please give me some advice, I am in a position where I can not sell and I don’t have the money to buy a second car. I feel I am putting myself and other drivers at risk every time I get in my jeep.

none

There is nothing wrong with the transmission and spark plugs have been replaced.

so many design flaws
By B

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I owned and loved a 2000 Grand Cherokee, purchased a 2007 after my warranty had run out...big mistake! 1.doors spring back 2.cannot remove cups holder for cleaning 3.even when heat should only be on feet, is blowing strongly from defrost 4.difficult to adjust mirrors because knob too close to door 5.low head clearance when entering vehicle 6.hard to vacuum 7.not enough spring in back door 8.must lean to middle onto console to feel A.C. in face, vents do not adjust toward driver These are all very small issues but annoying everyday items that may prevent me from purchasing another Grand Cherokee.

gets thru the snow wonderfully!! reversible carpet/plastic tray in rear is very convenient.

see items 1-8. I will not purchase another Grand Cherokee if 2, 3 and 8 are not remedied.

wow
By badasdart

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

We purchased new, first thing was the vibration. Started at 55mph. We took it back they replaced the tires 11 times(they were out of round). did not help. they replaced the dry shaft (bent) the rear end(crack)and the front wheel(crack)the Heated seats quit the windows quit the gas gage quit, the winshield leaked,they could not figure what caused this. Headlined was reuined, Exaust leaked, they fixed the wiring problem. it kept shorting out. it was in the shop 9 out of 11 months of ownership. my third jeep and very disappointing. I love jeeps, they recalled mine and purchased a different one.

The power, the options, mine was loaded. the radio was amazing. People say that is gets bad milage but power like this it is worth it.

Test drive before sale, also new car dealerships should stand behind the product, they would not even give me a loaner car. they said it was fixed and there mechanics were not allowed to go over 55mph in a vehicle,my vibration started at 55mph,ended up at another dealer, who went above and beyound.

Love it!!
By Jeepster

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this Jeep as a demo with 6k miles on it. Has been a great car since then. I follow the maintenance schedule religiously, and the only problem i've had is the front window regulator, which was quickly replaced under warranty at an oil change. I find coupons on the jeep website for a $21.95 oil change and tire rotation, which is great. I really love this car, it is fun to drive, the perfect size, and i average 17.7 mpg is soley city driving! Runs great on regular fuel. It is the perfect car for me. I cannot wait for the 2011 version to come out, i am hooked on Jeeps!

Turning radius, and smoothness of the ride. I also love the large side mirrors!

I have a base laredo, and wish i had heated seats!!