Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

HORRIBLE GAS MILEAGE
By craig

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Only get around 12 mpg in town with v6, has stalled several times and goes 15 or 20 miles an hour then mysteriously fixed itself, if your bigger than 5,6" its hard to get into. Terrible rear visibility. Worst of all, don't get the cloth seats, there impossible to keep clean, even water stains them. Stereo sounds good though.

Headlights, stereo, outside styling.

See above

bad car
By bailey

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

When placing my Jeep gear it will jerk real hard, then when pushing on the gas the Jeep will hesitate and lose all power, I too drive to work in heavy traffic I am scared to death that I will be in a fatal accident, last year I took this Jeep to the dealership and explained what the Jeep was doing he explained to me it was bad gas, it now does this a lot, I once again took it into the dealership he explained to me this time that it was the transmission module which of course is not covered in Chrysler wonderful life-time powertrain warranty how Nice this is going to cost me a pretty Penny, so I have been reading on all these complaints about the same problem come on Chrysler recall

none at this point

Chrysler should recall this part and step up to the plate and fix this before someone dies!!!!!!!

Never Again...
By Kevin

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This was my 2nd JGCL. I previously owned a 2004 JGCL and loved it, never a problem. However I currently own the last Jeep I'll ever own. Bought new off the lot 19 mths ago and it's been in the shop 4 times. First the windows would randomly roll down on their own. The back window gate latch will not catch, have to slam SEVERAL times to get it to catch. Several times a week it will stall around 20mph, no matter how hard you stomp the gas...was fixed, now a reoccurring problem. Now at 42,000 miles, I just got it out of the shop today due to the water pump, fan belt, and thermostat. Of course it's still under the powertrain warranty, but it's about to find itself another owner!

Love the ride and drive.

3rd Jeep
By Jerry

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Jeep, I love them and my only complaint is that I waited so long to purchase one. I brought this one is 2007; I have not had any problems oil change regularly and it keeps me moving. I have to drive all over the Lancaster county for my job, I might start my day off at one end of the county and finish my day a the other end and my jeep always gets the job done no matter if I travel highways or dirt roads. Fuel is another story, but I am not willing to give up a car I love for money. I'm looking forward to the 2011; they are changing the body again, it looks smooth.

Never have to worry abut the weather; resides in Northeast PA and travel for my job.

gas mileage; other SUV get better mileage

No accelleration
By Amy

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have JUST started having problems like everyone is describing, stepping on the gas and no acceleration. Malfunction light came and I just happen to be at my mechanics, he ran diagnostic and said it was definitely a problem with the transmission. That was last week and the light has gone off and it running just fine, again. Thankfully. FOR NOW! That was scary!