Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

good looks poor performance
By lou

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this suv with 20,000 miles and that's when the problems started the biggest problem is sometimes when the traffic light changes from red to green and I try to accelerate it wont go it needs 3-5 sec's to finally go, very poorly designed interior very BASIC (like a car from the 80's) no options, seats also stained very easily. Don't like the gas guzzling all wheel drive all the time I would Rather have the shifting option, sadly based on dealership customer service and Chrysler products this is the last Jeep I'll own.

exterior design, fog lamps

4 wheel drive and 2 wheel drive shifting optional, very poor gas mileage,

KEEP AWAY
By Brian

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Keep away from the JGC. I had a 2004 JGC and loved it. replaced for new model in 2007. After I bought this SUV I had horrible noise coming from outside after 30mph. Had to take in 3 times for them to redo weather stripping because it was not fastened at factory. Horrible blind spots. Cheap plastic interior. Auto windows don't work when it rains and Chrylser wont fix it under warranty? Cloth seats stain when water gets on them. This has been a known problem since 2005 but Chrysler won't fix. No leg room in back seats. Horrible gas milage for a V6. This 2005 and up model is a huge let down compared to the 1999-2004 model. No wonder Chrysler went under

Holds up good in an accident. I rear ended some guy (it was his fault actually...lol) and his car was smashed and my JGC only has a minor dent on bumper.

Needs more interior room especially in back seats. Better sight lines because this SUV has the worst blind spots Ive ever seen. New cloth interior to avoid water and sweat stains. Better gas mileage (I get 12 city and 19 hwy). Better customer service. Needs better overall quality and construction.

Battery Problems
By S Fryer

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I am pleased with this vehicle. BUT I am about to put a third new battery in. First one dealer claimed sun roof was drawing power, second - no explanation, but there was no water in battery (one week after general service) - going in for service again tomorrow - one month after second battery replacement. Good thing this is a leased vehicle and can be returned!

Driveability in snow & ice conditions

Excellent Ride
By Paul

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The jeep has all the power it needs with the V-6. Acceleration is good even on a hill. Better gas mileage is only found in smaller SUV's.This one is just average like it's competitors. I love the size and fit of the cabin layout. My six foot plus sons ride in the back very comfortably. I would recommend one as my sister did to me.

Rear air vents are great along with radio and display features.The full size spare is a plus and it is certified through my dealer with extra warranty at an extremely good price.

Heated seats as an option in the Laredo.

Acceleration Problems
By Kathy

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car in September 09 even though the reviews here mentioned acceleration issues, stalling and electric problems on the '07's. 3 weeks into owning the car the CHECK ENGINE light came on and the car stalled at 10mph/ 2RPM it wouldn't move no matter how hard I pressed the gas! I took it to the dealer and they replaced my gear shift Modual under warranty. Without a warranty it would have cost me $1,000! UNBELIEVABLE. Jeep needs to RECALL the gear shift modual on these cars before someone dies from losing power on the road.

It has amazing suspension and nice turning radius. Easy on the eyes and looks good in ANY color. Good gas mileage for an Suv.

JEEP, RECALL the Gear Shift Modual!!! SHAME on you JEEP