Used 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 157 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

2007 Jeep Cherokee Needs to be Recalled
By Chicago

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased a 2007 Grand Jeep Cherokee in November 2009. I have taken it back to the CarMax three times for the same problem. Vehicle mysteriously will fail to accelerate while driving or delay in shifting gears. (Once, it happened to me when I was entering the highway from an on ramp. I was forced to put the hazards on and pray someone did not run into me.) CarMax said they fixed it when they replace the shift module, but it happened again. This time the vehicle slowed down and then just cut off. I don't feel safe driving this anymore. I could have been seriously injured or killed.

Recall the vehicle.

Electronics Problems
By pixeek02

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned a Jeep Cherokee for over 35 years, buying a new Jeep every 4 years or so. I have a 2007 JGC that has frustrated me (and the dealership) beyond all limitations. It seems NOTHING is ever covered by the warranty unless it is convenient. The paint is peeling off numerous places (even the roof, go figure) and that is considered normal wear and NOW the biggie. I have spent over $2500 & at least 4 weeks in the shop to repair an electrical lock & alarm/tire pressure system not working/bright lights working at random problem that (it seems) cannot be repaired by any technician (nor engineer) from the factory. They have replaced module after module (yes, at my expense) to no avail.

Heated seats and Jeep turning radius. But NEVER NEVER again. I'm looking at a BMW next.

Move the passenger handles back to reachable area above the door.

Once upon a lemon
By steve

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car with 8 miles on odom. Lucky we bought warranty. Replaced transmission module in early 08 after numerous arguments with dealer, can't replicate problem. Very scary feeling not being in control of your vehicle. Jan 10 same transmission issue shuttered and shook at 20 miles an hour pulled into station. Shut off for 5 minutes, hasn't happened sense. The Windows, etc to list other obvious issues with vehicle. Looks are deceptive on this one. Run from this lemon

exterior look, Rubicon underbody on rocky mountain edition.

make vehicle safe to drive

Shifter Module Defect
By mh

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned Jeeps all my life, and I must say, I am very disappointed with the overall reliability of the new Grand Cherokees. With only 45,000 miles on my vehicle, Chrysler told me that they won't cover the replacement cost of my defective Shifter Module. A local dealer told me that he sells so many of these modules that he personally knew the part number off of the top of his head, yet Chrysler will not admit to a defect with it. The estimated cost to repair is $1025.00 (incl tax/parts/labor). This is just embarrassing. I will never buy another Jeep/Chrysler product again. I guess I've just got to 'buck up' and buy the Honda Pilot. You get what you pay for, as I've always been told.

Great Vehicle
By BronYrAur21

2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle with almost 30,000 miles on it in late 2008, and have since put nearly another 30,000 on it myself. Like other reviewers, I did have an issue with the electronic shift module, which would cause the Jeep not to accelerate properly, though the dealership found a technical service bulletin for this and replaced the module. Since then, no issues whatsoever! I commute 100 miles per day three days a week and have felt very comfortable taking my Jeep even in bad weather. I average around 20 MPG in mostly highway driving.

Great in the snow, optional heated leather, flat folding rear seats, decent gas mileage with the V-6.

3.7L V-6 is a tad underpowered. It gets the job done, but I'd be willing to sacrifice some gas mileage for more power. Rear seat room can quickly get cramped if the front driver and passenger are tall.