Used 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Lots of problems
By Pamela

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car last year and have had lots of problems. The transmission has been "checked" but they cannot "re- create the problems" that I seem to be having. The gas mileage is horrible! I average 16 mpg highway or in town. The seats stain, even just from water! I have lights coming on all of the time. Either the gas cap, airbag, tire pressure, you name it! Sometimes, the Windows don't work, the brake lights only work when they want to. I bought a Jeep because I thought they were made well and dependable. This one sure isn't. I can't wait to get rid of it!

Heated seats, power sunroof, lots of room.

Transmission, gas mileage, electrical problems.

Now I am happy to be rid of it
By Happy Now

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I leased this vehicle for the fact of always wanting a jeep. After 5 months I wanted out of the lease. Poor gas mileage, small interior room, poor build quality. I guess this is a testament to the outgoing Chrysler owners. The truck had 2 transmission problems in the time I had it and 2 rear window issues. Loved to have a truck and 4WD. Needless to say i am a Very Happy Honda 2010 Pilot Owner now.

4WD all the time. roof rack standard.

Poor cheap plastics on interior. Horrible cloth seats that stained easily. No rear seat room, forget a third row option. Jeep get rid of the old metal radio antennas, really. No standard tow hitch.

If you need an SUV, this is it!
By JT

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Jeep as a demo with @ 6000 miles. I have 42,500 miles on it now and it's still under warranty until 75,000 or December 2011. I've been very happy with the comfort and reliability of this Jeep. Very few if any problems. The only thing disheartening is very poor gas mileage. Don't underestimate how much the gas will cost you. I'm seriously considering a 2007 BMW 335i series now and by my estimate I will save $100 month on gas, and pay only $15 more on insurance. It's hard for me to ignore. But I must say it's hard to think about possible maintenance on the BMW, when this vehicle has been so cost free and will cont. I'm hoping the ext warranty will help me to sell.

Bluetooth, reliability, space, comfort, satellite radio, good acceleration even for a V6,

Better MPG.

it was ok...now I wonder
By michelle

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my car as a demo. I noticed automatically that when I would stop it would shake and seemed like it wanted to turn off. I took it in and they "fixed" it. That problem was never fixed. The mileage is bad I get 13.6 miles city AND highway. THe check engine has come on since I bought it and they could never find anything wrong with it. My power windows now stop sometimes. The alarm is not working. Did I mention the gas? That is horrible. I always wanted to own one of these vehicles I liked it at the beging because it was pretty then the seats really got stained and I could not find anyone who could take the stains on. I would not get one again looking to trade in value is low

pretty car at beginning

better seats better mileage better warranty...should not be standard 36000...should have a 75000 mile warranty

Just bought the used 06...its 2010 now!
By Melissa

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased the Laredo 65 yr anniversary edition. Its a great looking car. I like all the features. I've heard jeeps drive rough so I didn't expect to much comfort before test driving. I'm pretty content with it. However, I've had it for 2 days and I'm noticing some no-nos already! The problems I'm seeing already is the low tire pressure light comes on at random. But the big thing is the seat belt light comes on and chimes through out the entire ride even with my seat belt on and nooo weight in the passenger seat! I'm in the process of getting it fixed (hopefully), but I just wanted to put those problems out there just in case somebody else had the same issues

The chrome colored molding on the side of the car instead of that terrible dull plastic. The sun roof. The cruise control on the steering wheel.

Radio adjustments on the steering wheel. Aux hook up for an ipod!