Used 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Fourth Grand Cherokee...and my last
By joe

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th grand Cherokee and will definitely be my last although it is a big improvement over the 2000 I had before. I have the 65th Anniversary with the 3.7L V-6. It's a much more refined ride over the 2000 Laredo I had. 31,000 miles and the brakes have already had to be re-done 3 times, and the 30k mile service cost me about $900 after taxes...OUCH! Fuel mileage on the highway is 19- 20mpg and in the city is 14-15. My wife's Tahoe gets better and has better room and power. Had a transmission leak at 14k miles (fixed under warranty). Mine has been in the shop 7 times (brakes, transmission, electrical problems (the door locks wouldn't work) The dealer does a good job but is $$$$

the sunroof, heated seats in cloth (don't like leather seats), ride is much improved over the 2000 I had. Could be a great SUV with reliability improvements. Good ride, GREAT in snow/ice

lethargic V-6. The old 4.0L in my last jeep had more pickup and better mileage. Reliability on brakes (brake jobs done at 3k, 11k, and 30k miles) of course these aren't covered under warranty. Wish I had my old jeep back. It was more reliable.

Never AGAIN!
By Bethany

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this Jeep a few months ago and have had NOTHING but problems with it! I would be driving down the road and the jeep would just shut off. The next day it wouldn't speed up over 10 miles an hour. I have had it in the shop 3 times in 3 months! Chrysler keeps telling me they can't find anything wrong with it. Yeah,right they can't. I will NEVER buy another jeep again.

Looks cool, inside comfy and AWD.

Better fabric on the seats (so water doesn't stain it), more reliable car...I am DEATHLY afraid to drive this Jeep anywhere

Not bad, Not bad at all.
By Justin Brown

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 65th Anniversary Edition with the 4.7 Liter V8. I do a lot of highway driving an was instantly impressed with the Gas Mileage. I average 20, sometimes event 21/22 in a V8! (and i am a 23 yr old male, so believe me when i say i don't really baby it) The city gas mileage i average around 16/17, which is "ok". I mean it is a V8, cant expect a lot. I love the power the V8 offers, and the towing capabilities. The looks are sleek, and I always get compliments. I HATE the seat belt chime doesn't turn off. Overall I am really happy with the purchase, I have had it for about (2) months now and no real complaints so far.

The V8 power and impressed with the given gas mileage being it is a V8. Like the new looks, always getting compliments.

I think the interior could use some improvements. It looks kinda *dull* I also think leather should be stock in the 65th anniversary editions.

Great!
By Mike

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have been very very happy with my purchase so far. I do not drive all that much but it has been an excellent vehicle. I consistently get 20 mpg hwy and about 17 city. No mechanical problems to report as of yet. This is our 4th jeep and have been really happy.

V8 power and the 4 wheel drive for these Chicago winters

gas mileage of course.

UGH that is all I can say
By ConvertedJeephater

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

WE purchased a "managers model" 2006 Jeep G Cherokee Laredo (manager's special, I.e. the loaner when the cars get fixed) Well number one, we were sworn to that the car wasn't smoked in, but sure enough when it was warm enough outside to open the windows, the window trim had cigarette burns in it (couldn't see them when it was closed) It then went in 3 times for check engine light but no one could tell me why. It rattles and almost stalls at stop lights.(told this was normal in this model) Car seats with latch can't be installed properly because of fixed head rests. AWFUL blind spots, and now the Air conditioner blower motor went...I have only owned Jeeps, I am on number 6 now, never again

Storage space in back

Seats could be more comfortable, fix issues with engine, blower motors (i see from reviews that I am not the only one) Blind spots are horrendous, and stop having dealers that sell cars where they are smoked in to people with allergies to smoke, and swear that they weren't smoked in