Used 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Good so far
By Satisfied

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Traded my mustang GT in on a 2007 Patriot Limited, many regrets there. Traded the Patriot in on a used 2006 Laredo and I love the ride and styling of this vehicle. I keep praying for snow! I have had it just over a month and the lights in the temperature control went out-thank god for the certified warranty or else I'd have to take out a second mortgage to pay for it. I can only hope all repairs aren't as costly as that would have been.

Overall "solid" feel while driving, good acceleration. Styling.

BETTER MPG!!! 13.1 mpg is horrific! Should have got one that the 4wd could be shut off-I'm sure that isn't helping the mpg.

Very Very Disappointed!
By Disappointed

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

For the money I spent I expected better quality. Had the jeep 3 yrs and after 8 months I frequently took it in for work. Tranny, suspension, even the steering rack went at 40k. The interior plastic is extremely cheap feeling which I knew from the start but as time went on it scratched at the lightest touch. The gas mileage also sucks. If you plan on having kids forget it. This is a very large car yet a child seat can not safely seat in the back. We had to keep the kids in my wife's lil 4 door until they were out of car seats. Pathetic. Lastly do not buy if you do any offroading. It did horribly and things broke easily. I'm done with this car and am doing my best to rid it.

Exterior look, bells and whistles

Back seat room, reliability, suspension height, interior cheaply made. Stop advertising as a family friendly off road vehicle. It can't even get you safely down pavement!

Misled
By Derek

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

2006 WK not with 60,000 miles. Besides the hard seats poor MPG's and electrical gremlins. My door hinges on the front doors are failing and are hitting the front fenders. There are only 2 bolts that hold the hinges on and they has tons of slack. The cost to fix the problem either $400 for new hinges or $1,000 to have new ones installed and to have the doors rehung. Engineering and build quality is pitiful. I will be trading in this piece of junk ASAP for something foreign. BTW I am a jeep fan with an old wagoneer that is absolutely bulletproof.

QTII is amazing off road and has plenty of power with the 4.7.

Improve build quality and engineering.

Love it!
By coolbreezesd5555

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my Grand Cherokee SRT-8 for about 2 years. It is so much fun! It is not a daily driver of course, with low gas mileage, but for trips to the mountains, or beach there is no better performance and utility value out there. The engine is just incredible and the sound of the exhaust is awesome. I've only had troubles with the electrical windows which were fixed. I don't think we'll see a vehicle like this, with 425HP, available in the auto world much longer, I'm glad I have mine.

Engine, Power Style, Perfect Size

I could always want more of this or that, but this is a good value as it is.

not bad
By Katrina Woiten

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this in July with 22k on it and loved it from the get go with only a few reservations, first:the dealership never did give me the 500 dollar gas card I was promised so that soured the experience somewhat. Also the radio went haywire after a few months and the passenger window has a mind of its own at times, the local dealer (not where I bought it) has been great with warranty work though. I would like to have them put the manual control for the 4wd back though as I prefer to decide when this is on. Handles well, drives like a car! Gas mileage is abysmal for a v6... I average 19 or so.