Used 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Been a great SUV
By George

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Been very reliable. Had one warranty claim. Gas mileage has been good for its size average 18 city, 22 hwy. Mine is v-6 2wd so it will be the the best of all of the models. Has 45,000 miles now. not a squeak or rattle. Just as tight as the day I bought it.

Firms seats, controls well laid out, great ride.

always can get better mpg

Pure Junk
By Eric

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This was my second Jeep. Our original was a 95 Grand Cherokee Limited. Ran great and saved my wife's life in a car accident. I figured I'd buy another jeep since we liked that one so much. BAD MOVE!! About a month after we bought the car we took it back to Chrysler due to stained seats from minimal rain water. We were told it wasn't covered under warrant. At about 6 months and 7,000 miles our car began shutting off for now reason. Turned off going 60 mph on the highway, took it to the dealership and they said there was nothing wrong with it. Since then we've had it in the shop 4 times for the same problem and they always say there's no problem. Also, car seats don't fit well. Not recommended

Exterior styling

electrical system, trans, suspension, head room (for those who are on the tall side), better fabric that doesn't stain from water, mpg

Lexus LS owner Lovin the SRT-8
By Joe

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Bought my 2006 Jeep SRT-8 2 months ago used with 19,000 miles on it. I am in love with Japanese cars and have owned Mazda RX-7's, Toyotas, Hondas and currently drive a Lexus LS. I wanted a fun car to drive around daily, however could not afford the newest high performance Nissan GT-R or Lexus IS-F. I am amazed at this Jeep. Not sure how well it will do in the long term, however this car puts smiles on my face that I have never experienced before. If you need it for a daily driver - I can not say how good it will be. If you need a second car that will make you grin from light to light and may break down once in a while (or not????) this will not let you down!

Bluetooth, Heated Seats (warm quickly), Exhaust Noise (SWEET), Comfy Seats, Rain-Sensing Wipers, Auto High-Beam and most of all the 6.1 Hemi - Oh my gawd! Not quick after 60, however from a light it can not be beat!

All electronics in car turned off one day while driving. Has not repeated itself since, however I have owned American cars in the past and experience has not been good. I can truly say if I had to pay for repair bills once this car is out of warranty it will be worth every penny! Awesome!

soaking wet
By soaking wet

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Water leaks water leaks every time it rains. Technical service bulletins are a joke. Reseal this and that. Still leaks. Buyer beware.

none

quality control

Missed and Loved
By Natalie

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I loved my Jeep. It was the first time owning a Jeep. I loved the power of the V8 and AWD. The gas mileage was not bad for having a V8. After having my jeep for almost 2 years, unfortunately my husband totaled it about a month ago. I am now debating on another Jeep Grand Cherokee or going with a car that is more fuel efficient, but afraid I'll miss the room and 4X4.

4X4 was great in the snow

Interior needs some work -seats stained very easily even water stained them and colors are very boring.