Used 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 447 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Love my jeep but not again
By sherry

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my Jeep used only a year old. I had no problems with it till 2008. I had to replace the blend door in it ($763) of course the warranty wouldn't take care of it. Last winter i went to start it and one of the rods popped off. (WOW) and again the warranty didn't pay. Now this year right before summer, AGAIN, the blend door breaks again, another ($763). My transmission will slip once in awhile so I'm sure that will be next. I have never had a car with this many BIG problems in such a short time. My gosh its only 5 years old.

The look of it. Very comfortable.

No more cheap plastic parts.

I wouldn't buy one if I were you
By Unhappy

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

These cars are lemons. Every complaint here will eventually happen to you. Just replaced starter, now coolant leak, AC switches broken. I mean come on this car has 42,000 miles on it. I'd stay away from Jeep products, they are clearly not designing or building anything but a heap of junk.

Ask me when it's running.

Design a better car and take care of your current customers. When everyone who owns one of these has the same problem and we call for service don't pretend like this is the first time you've heard of this problem. The internet is powerful and consumers are much more aware of deceptive businesses

Wish I bought 2
By Don B

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Great vehicle. I bought it for winter all wheel drive and towing motorcycles. It has done everything well. Comfortable and quiet for travel. Only mechanical issue is a stripped cog on the electric seat adjustment (it gets used a lot). Just reached 60,000 after five years. Only drawbacks, besides the seat, are poor fuel economy in town and towing, and the relatively extensive routine maintenance. On balance, compared to other cars and trucks I've owned, it has been a good value. My wife likes it, so it would be nice to have two (the seat would last longer).

Good all wheel drive. Quiet interior.

Longer intervals for all wheel drive system maintenance. Better materials in the 8-way seat mechanism.

Horrible Product
By not happy

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I had a bought a brand new 96 and had no problems with it, so i decided to upgrade bought this Jeep after bringing it home water pump started going out took it back then after that air bag light kept going off and now I keep having dry starts, The inline 6 motor they had was great,thats why they changed them into regular motors so that they would break down easier, never again will I buy a jeep.

Interior design wasn't to bad.

Dodge Chrysler Jeep need a better product we'll see what fiat has in store for them

First Jeep
By Twitch

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Have been driving the 3.7 version for almost two years. Towed a fully loaded 5x8 enclosed trailer weighing 2000 lbs across the country with no problems in the mountains. Turn radius in parking lot is similar to small car. Power steering works great when at full stop. Spark plugs are difficult to replace, but not impossible. Climate control is quick to respond.

Adjustable pedals

Change climate control illumination from a solid state control component to user replaceable lights.