Used 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 447 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

New Convert to Jeep
By ALLEN

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the first time I have ever liked the Grand Cherokee. I have a Limited Durango as well. My Durango does not have displacement, but gets better mileage than the Jeep, which also weighs 800 lbs less? That is the only draw back. This is a fantastic vehicle and I can't wait to go camping.

POWER!

Gas mileage, Inside plastic

year later
By JIM FEINSTEIN

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

It's fun to drive and has enough power to keep up with most cars on the road. The only slight thing I've had was the air bag light came on a few times and then stopped.

The power of the hemi. Automatic lights & wipers.

Better quality of interior components.

Fun to drive; some repair issues
By Jp

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Fun to own. Off-road capabilities are outstanding. Gas mileage leaves something to be desired, as expected with 5.7L Hemi. Electrical issues with 4WD system have required repeated trips to the shop for repair. Park assist sensor and various other sensors/systems will show need for service but dealership will find nothing upon inspection. A/C will cease to blow cold air but will resume with shutoff/restart of engine. Second row lacks ample legroom for adult passengers. Despite the handful of issues I've had with this vehicle, I don't regret purchasing it. It's a blast to take offroad and a joy to drive all the way around.

4WD, NAV, U-Connect, SIRIUS Satellite radio, VES (DVD).

Eliminate electrical issues that necessitate repeated trips to the dealership for repair; headphones that don't snap in two with careful use.

Take a Closer Look at the Grand Cherokee
By gc

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

The Grand Cherokee is a fun vehicle to drive. In reading some of the professional reviews, I was skeptical until I actually drove the Jeep. It has a 4.7 V8, which has plenty of power, and we have found it to be a very comfortable vehicle. The interior has plenty of room and everything is conveniently located. Ours is "optioned" up pretty good and has the Quadra Drive II. Overall, I would highly recommend the Grand Cherokee to anyone looking for a fun, mid-size SUV.

Convenient controls, and the Boston Acoustics 6 disc stereo are several of my favorite things about the Grand Cherokee. I also like the rain-sensing wipers. The transmission is a 5 speed automatic, but it operates much like a stick (without the clutch).

I would recommend that they make Sirius Satellite Radio a standard feature. The Jeep is not really an inexpensive vehicle, and for everything that's so right about it, the lack of Sirius was a minor annoyance, especially when the Laredo model that was next to the Limited that I bought had it.

Powerful vehicle
By Hershel Green

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my Jeep for almost a year now and I have been very impressed. I owned 88 and 98 Cherokees before this and have loved them all, but this one is the best. I have driven the thing into the ground putting almost 23,000 miles in the first year. One of the best things I like is its towing ability. I moved from Virginia to California pulling a trailer and load of about 4700lbs. I was quite unsure of how it would do but to my surprise it performed great. I have the tow package. The gearing and transmission performance in the tow haul setting was great, even in cruise control. I was able to maintain the speed limit in all areas except some mountains. I was still able to maintain at least 55 there.

Tow package. AWD QUAD TRACK II system. New body look and interior looks great.

I did have one problem. I have had a random service 4WD waring that the dealers can't seem to fix or even find. And the doors need more comfortable arm rests.