Used 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 191 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Great Experience
By david

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I looked to Consumer Reports for a report on this "new" style Jeep. At first their reports were very good. Later, they rated this vehicle as "stay away from car!" How absolutely wrong Consumer Reports are about this car. My Jeep has been the very best car I have ever owned. I love driving it to this day. We have had the following problems: driver's side front window motor. That's it. Car has 105,000 miles on it. I've never had a car with that many miles on it. In a word - Great Car!

I love almost everything about my Jeep. It seems to have all the "bells , etc.". My favorite part of the car is the drivers leather, power front seat and "command center."

Bigger, reclining back seat. More room to operate the power front seats.

My Jeep
By Capt. Bill

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Jeep used in Aug '04. It was a leased vehicle. Everything has been working perfectly, and given the 8 cylinder engine I'm impressed with the mileage. The only problem that still exists with this style Jeep is the power window track mechanism. Just like in my old '85 Jeep it broke around 50,000 miles. You think they'd have this problem fixed by now.

Leather seats.

Power window track mechanism.

2001 Grand Cherokee Limited Limited
By boldknight

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is a tight and reliable vehicle with an excellent drive drain history and highly recommended by auto repair shops for the least problems. Excellent 4X4 characteristics -- I use it in the Colorado Mountains all the time as I live at 9300 feet. The bumps in the road are hardly noticeable and handling is amazing.

Driveability, reliability and 4X4 performance.

Good Choice
By Joe Koski

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Jeep used with 18,000 miles. This is the fifth Jeep Cherokee I have owned, the second Grand Cherokee, and is the best. The interior fit and finish is exceptional; the car is very well appointed and rich in its presentation. I have had no repairs to date, with the mileage now at 64,000. It has been an excellent car. It gets approx. 16-18 MPG around the city, and 20-22 MPG on a straight highway trip.

I like the classic looks and finish, and all the accessories and features.

No major considerations.

Love That Jeep
By Mike Wells

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just recently bought my Jeep, and I can tell you that it is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. The acceleration is top notch; it will even keep up with some of the best sports cars. I love the interior. The seats are so comfortable. The controls are laid out well, and I love the steering wheel audio controls. The sound system in the vehicle is almost as good as some aftermarket systems. I really like the body style and love the 17" wheels and tires. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants a very competent on/off road SUV.

The sound system. Steering wheel audio controls. The 4 wheel all time system.

Memory system linked to the mirrors.