Used 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 227 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Satisfied
By VT

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

You see a lot of negative reviews for these cars but I've been happy with mine. It's up to 145,000 miles and have had very few problems. Gas mileage blows, but duh, it's a V8. Also, I live in VT so getting to the slopes in any conditions is a priority and this thing gets the job done in style!

Comfortable seats, good pick-up, steering wheel controls, Infinity sounds system.

Better standard brakes (dramatic improvement if you put some good ones on after the originals wear out).

I Hate This Jeep!
By Brandi

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV

When I bought this truck, I loved it. Since then it has been one thing after another. It started shaking and I found out that the coil packs had to be changed. That wasn't too bad. But then my heater coils and blower motor had to be replaced. That was quite expensive. I can say that it has never left me on the side of the road. That's a plus, but I will never buy one again.

nothing

start over with the entire thing

Don't buy one!
By Danelle

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

I have had my Jeep in the shop more then any other car I have owned in 25 years! the transmission was bad, the u joints needed replacing at 35k miles its had at least 3 recalls i have taken it in for. The back brake light works when it feels like it. I notice 9 out of 10 jeeps I see also have brake light problems. Now My drive shaft is out! I am not a crazy driver to work and home and occasional vacation. look up recalls for jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo its incredible how many there are. I like the way the jeep looks but will never buy another one.

looks

manufacture a decent car

Fun to drive
By david

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought a used Grand Cherokee about 3 months ago and have had absolutely no problems with it. I bought the V8 and only get about 18 MPG but sold my 3/4 ton suburban for it so the gas mileage is great! Very fast with the V8, have gotten up to 115 in this with virtually no shaking or noises of any kind. I needed a mountain goat for the winter so I can get up the mountain for Skiing and have no concerns with powering through feet of fresh powder.

build in CD Changer, full time 4WD. Excellent off road performance.

Tweeters are junk but i bought new ones off ebay that are warrantied for less than $100 and have worked great.

After 4 1/2 years, we traded it in
By violet7

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

I enjoyed my Jeep the 4 years we had it. But like another reviewer said, make sure you can afford to maintain the vehicle. I loved driving this car, I always felt safe in it. One problem it seemed with mine was that I always needed new tires. I think I had at least 4 flat tires the years we had it. Not including buying two new sets of tires. The speakers in the top of the dash blew after my husband turned the stereo up way too loud. Finally the radiator and fan blew, then the water pump twice, and the thermostat. (also had to get a new motor for the driver window) Gave up after that.

10 disc cd changer, fold down seats, jack under the back seat, stereo, controls on steering wheel

Fan and radiator (obviously), cd changer could have been in a better place. More leg room in the backseats.