Used 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 226 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Jeep Junk
By Jeep Junk

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Its hard to know where to start, ok, the good, great looks. there done. The bad, everything, always in the shop, from drive line to electrical, heating and a/c to braking to cooling to, well everything. Paint peeling to add to it. worst vehicle i have ever owned, do not purchase this Jeep and year or any other, save yourself the pain and hassle, oh and money. Dealership can never fix it, wish someone would steal it so I would never see it in the drive way again.

Looks.

Build quality, reliability, quality control, ah, scrap it and Chrysler should not have ever taken over Jeep.

2000 Laredo at 280k
By vicpick58

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this Jeep used with only 17k miles and used it for a work vehicle. I drove it up to 1000 miles per week until it got up to about 250k miles. I liked this Jeep so much, I bought another one (a used 2004) in 2007. But I kept the 2000 for use as the wife's daily driver. It is still going strong at 280k miles. The engine (4.7) and transmission have never given me any trouble. Oh sure there have a lot of minor things go wrong, such as the electric door locks, throttle position sensor, waterpump, alternator, axle seals and those kind of things. The only major repairs have been the front differential and the engine computer. Jeeps do require more regular maintenance than some other vehicles

The comfortable seats. Just the right size for parking in the city. Solid front axle for off road use. Good V/8 performance. Reliable.

Front seat mounts break too easy. To get to the spare tire and jack, I have to unload all my equipment. The factory CD changer is not real good. (replaced mine with aftermarket)

SHAME ON YOU JEEP
By doug

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I still have nightmares about this vehicle. I lost all trust in American cars over this one. I can't believe Jeep would release such a poor vehicle in 2000. Dealer bought mine back. Spent more time in repairs instead of my driveway. Mainly had transmission issues and axle issues. Luckily didn't own it long enough to experience the whole range of issues. Shame on you Jeep for releasing such a poor vehicle and ruining your reputation

It looks cool, but need to get use to seeing it at the repair shop.

Just take the time to release a solid vehicle.

First Time,Last time Jeep owner
By SKYMAN

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased Jan. 07. 13 days later Jeep replaced a cracked head gasket. Then the battery had to be replaced, then the ECU, then the gauges would tick & bottom out even with the key out. Then the tach and speedo stopped working. My mechanic & Jeep can't figure this out. I'm done with Jeeps after this! I will miss some things like how well it turned! the upgraded braking system I installed, the sound system, the way my baby handled in the snow and the lack of a car payment! Darn Jeep!!! :-(

Turning ratio; Handling in the snow; comfort.

"ELECTRICAL" Issues!! Uphill lack of power, gas mileage.

Radiators, radiators and more radiators
By JonS

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my jeep at 78K and now has 112K. Its a I6 4.0L. It is really comfy, and quiet, but eats up tires. I've put 3 radiators in it, and a new fan, fan motor, and relay. It never left me on the side of the road, but it almost always has something wrong with it. Drivers side window regulator broke twice. Gets me to where I need to go and never have to worry about getting to the slopes. Just make sure you have money to keep it going.

handling in snow, infinity sound system, heated mirrors and auto dim rearview mirror. Quiet on the highway.

cooling system, alignment, and window regulators.