Used 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 227 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Disapointed
By FAL762

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

This is pertaining to the limited model with the quadra trac II. Was not a fan of the "all time 4wd". Controlled 4wd seems like it was designed for people who do not know how to use 4wd and need it controlled for them. Brakes were always worn and I was very easy on them. Electronics always seemed to have a problem. The gas line, leak detector, water pump, EVERY seal and gasket, radiator, and lock actuators all went under 75,000 miles. It seemed to have a new leak every month. Parts are extremely expensive. Unknown high pitched wine coming from the front axel. I sold it before I found out what that was. Paint chipped as well.

Smooth ride, lots of interior room. The fold flat seats gave lots of cargo room. I also used it as a tent camping/hunting sometimes as it fits an air mattress or sleeping bag. My mastiffs also liked the room. For an SUV of its size the mileage was not bad.

Overall quality. It ALWAYS had problems. Parts like brakes and shocks wore quickly, so parts that were a bit more heavy duty may have helped. They may have addressed that in the new line, not sure as I got rid of this and got a Wrangler.

Jeep Junk
By Jeep Junk

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Its hard to know where to start, ok, the good, great looks. there done. The bad, everything, always in the shop, from drive line to electrical, heating and a/c to braking to cooling to, well everything. Paint peeling to add to it. worst vehicle i have ever owned, do not purchase this Jeep and year or any other, save yourself the pain and hassle, oh and money. Dealership can never fix it, wish someone would steal it so I would never see it in the drive way again.

Looks.

Build quality, reliability, quality control, ah, scrap it and Chrysler should not have ever taken over Jeep.

2000 Laredo at 280k
By vicpick58

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this Jeep used with only 17k miles and used it for a work vehicle. I drove it up to 1000 miles per week until it got up to about 250k miles. I liked this Jeep so much, I bought another one (a used 2004) in 2007. But I kept the 2000 for use as the wife's daily driver. It is still going strong at 280k miles. The engine (4.7) and transmission have never given me any trouble. Oh sure there have a lot of minor things go wrong, such as the electric door locks, throttle position sensor, waterpump, alternator, axle seals and those kind of things. The only major repairs have been the front differential and the engine computer. Jeeps do require more regular maintenance than some other vehicles

The comfortable seats. Just the right size for parking in the city. Solid front axle for off road use. Good V/8 performance. Reliable.

Front seat mounts break too easy. To get to the spare tire and jack, I have to unload all my equipment. The factory CD changer is not real good. (replaced mine with aftermarket)

SHAME ON YOU JEEP
By doug

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I still have nightmares about this vehicle. I lost all trust in American cars over this one. I can't believe Jeep would release such a poor vehicle in 2000. Dealer bought mine back. Spent more time in repairs instead of my driveway. Mainly had transmission issues and axle issues. Luckily didn't own it long enough to experience the whole range of issues. Shame on you Jeep for releasing such a poor vehicle and ruining your reputation

It looks cool, but need to get use to seeing it at the repair shop.

Just take the time to release a solid vehicle.

First Time,Last time Jeep owner
By SKYMAN

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased Jan. 07. 13 days later Jeep replaced a cracked head gasket. Then the battery had to be replaced, then the ECU, then the gauges would tick & bottom out even with the key out. Then the tach and speedo stopped working. My mechanic & Jeep can't figure this out. I'm done with Jeeps after this! I will miss some things like how well it turned! the upgraded braking system I installed, the sound system, the way my baby handled in the snow and the lack of a car payment! Darn Jeep!!! :-(

Turning ratio; Handling in the snow; comfort.

"ELECTRICAL" Issues!! Uphill lack of power, gas mileage.