Used 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 227 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
By Cash

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had my jeep for just over a year.... this is my second one. First was a 1996! I didn't have problems when I first got it, but then on the passenger side, water started coming in and leaking all over the floor, then my heat stopped working, radiator cracked, water pump broke, radio died, rear window broke and won't roll down, locks started failing, wheels cracked, (Had to get new ones, shocks are bad.... it is just a never ending thing with this car...

a great sub to have its our first one love it
By Peggy long

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

It was bought used love it as its been great no problems but normal its been a great suv would recommend it for sure

Awesome Car
By Andrew

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

If you are looking for a reliable SUV, that is an actual SUV not the mom-mobiles that are out on the road today; look no further than the Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. I have the 4.0L inline 6 engine, which is known for being incredibly reliable, I've owned the car for about 3 years, purchased it back in 13 with just under 90K miles on it for 4K, today I have close to 145K miles on it and runs like a champ. I've put some money into it when I purchased it, about $750 to fix some steering issues but after I got that out of the way it has been a fantastic car. Basically just general maintenance and upkeep. I've put on new tires and brakes, but that comes with owning any car, as well as had a rusty brake line replaced as well as the crankshaft sensor which were both minor and relatively cheap repairs; it is a 16 year-old-car after all so it will need a few things replaced due to the age. The engine is smooth and never has given me any trouble. This car also handles great in poor driving conditions, the only thing you need to worry about in the snow are the other idiots on the road. I am nothing but confident driving in a snow-storm. The inline 6 makes getting stuck quite challenging, I have been in muddy conditions and the Jeep has gotten me out without a hitch.

This is still before Jeeps became the luxury mom-mobiles of today. They were built when Jeep built reliable, tough, off-road, road ready vehicles.

If you are considering getting one, get one. Don't shy away because the odometer has a reading of 150-200K miles, these are known for lasting well into the 300s.

Great car and relatively cheap and easy to find nowadays. There's a reason why you still see a bunch on the road.

240,000 and keeps on rolling
By Isaiah

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

This is my first car I bought it on my own everyone told me not to buy it but I did and it was the best decision I've made so far.The gas is not good at all I'm getting around 12 miles to the gallon but it's easy to put 20 in and last a whole week.the interior is perfect and the heater is better than expected. I go off road in just a bout anything since I live with the most bipolar weather in the world.This jeep has lasted me 6 months so far and I'm more than pleased with it I feel like I defiantly got my money's worth being I paid 1,700 dollars for it I can't wait till I put a new motor since the oil rings are going out but for sure keeping my jeep as long as I can.

My repairs cost more then my jeep
By A waste of mond

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

I guess I got the bad apples out of the bunch. I purchase my 2000 Grand Laredo jeep when it was 5 years old, it have 81,0000 miles on it and from the time I brought it home its been nothing but trouble up until this very day. Thirty days after getting it I had to replace the fluid pump. Anyone can tell you that I take very good care of my cars but I just can't win with Jeep.