Used 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 268 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

1999 jeep Grand cherokee
By ESTANLEY1961

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

What can I say this is a fun SUV and has style it is at home in the city or the farm It has taken three kids to college. Pulled trailers my daughter car after she had an accident. It also got me to work which is 40 miles away in all kind of weather snow pouring rain it takes everything you throw at it and comes back for more. the only problems are normal wear and tear and minor little annoying things clock spring door lock speed sensor. I like this one so much I bought a newer model I hope I like it as much

4X4, selec-trac, and avg gpm feature Yes you can get get 24 mpg

tougher components

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6 cylinder
By Matt

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

Bought the Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4 1/2 years ago, just traded in with 206000 miles. Overall, I was pleased with the Jeep's performance. The inline 6 cylinder, 4.0 liter engine is indestructible. Experienced slipping with the transmission, but such problems are to be expected with high mileage vehicles.

Inline 6 cylinder engine, spacious interior.

Cooling system. Had to replace the radiator twice, the water pump, and fan relay.

Don't buy a 1999 Jeep Cherokee Laredo
By Scarlet

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought this car used for my son. We have replaced tie rods, cv boots, transmission, air conditioning, brakes front and back, axle shaft. Now we found out the rear axles are shot and the front needs ball joints and new cv boots. We have put a fortune in this car in 3 years thinking that after all the expense we may be able to drive it to get our moneys worth. We are now trading it in for the cash for clunkers and it makes me sick since it has all these new items and the body is in great shape. We can't put another $1800 that we were just quoted to fix it. This car had to be a lemon when designed.

JUNK
By laustin

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I wanted this car all my adult life. I could finally afford it and all it did was break down. Compare to my wrangler this was junk. 3 radiators. 3 water pumps, constant broken hoses...and this is with my constant care! will NOT buy again

appearance

make it built to last

Who would give me cash for this clunker?
By No More Jeeps for Me

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased new online in '99. Had to replace front & rear differentials shortly after warranty expired. Lost arbitration w/ shop that used wrong diff. fluid due to Jeep bulletin. Replaced condenser, evaporator, shocks (twice), rotors, pads, yada, yada, yada... Does this vehicle have a seal that doesn't leak? CD changer quit working & front passenger speaker blew long ago. Transmission shifts hard from 1st to 2nd during the winter... likely a viscosity issue as dealer can't fix w/o pulling out tranny which I won't pay for. Check engine light has been on for 2+ yrs now. Dealer won't cut wire. Got 132,000 miles with mostly new parts so hoping for 200,000 miles. Repair bills mounting...

Too many to list in only 300 characters.