Used 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 268 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Lovin It
By chuckwildman

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought mine a year ago with 85,000 miles and put on about 20,000 since then. Replaced brakes all the way around including calipers. Replaced front drive shaft to resolve "clunking" noise. Was able to use part from salvage yard. Replaced CD changer also with part from salvage yard. Has 4.7 V8 and it is very strong. Its been off-road a few times and this Jeep is very capable compared to other stock 4x4 with Quadra-Drive II awd system.

It is truely a pleasure to drive on road trips or out in the rough.

Wish mine had moon roof and leather seats.

Great Vehicle
By astrak1001

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had my Jeep GC LMTD V8 since 2003.
I purchased the vehicle with 79,000 miles and am now turning 200,000 miles with only limited repairs.
I have had to replace the transmission once, the alternator once and the power window motor on the front passenger side once.
All of these repairs were performed at around 150,000 miles.
My Jeep has been all around the country and most recently from AZ to NE and has never broken down.
I have had the brake problems, but this was remedied by a competent mechanic in Mesa AZ.
Overall I would say this is one of the most reliable, toughest vehicles I have ever owned.
I would definitely purchase another one.

Off road ability, power, strength of V8 and vehicle.

wish i was as lucky as you folks...
By zswindle

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

I've had my 1999 jeep grand cherokee laredo v6 for about three years. so far i've had to put in a new motor new transmission two new batteries and now my driver door won't open from the outside. Here lately i haven't been too happy with the car seeing how it only has 164000. still trying to figure out how to fix the door issue. if anyone has any advice id appreciate it.

Great suv
By mdl1989

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I would have to say that this is the best jeep ever built, I bought it a few years ago with 100,000 miles it currently have over 260,000 miles. It is in great shape minus the only problem I have come across and will complain about is the gas mileage I'm glad I did not purchase the V8 version! I cant honestly say the only thing I have ever did to it was the reg services and a thermostat which is common.Other than that a great first car, Now proudly am buying a new Jeep Liberty I hope it holds up as well as my JGC limited , truly is a great car would recommend it to anyone. I am a little weary about the location of the gas tank though. Also it goes great in the snow never been stuck in up to 3fsnow

Information center, easy to read gauges

Sound system, Leather wears fast

Awesome
By Zac

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

I bought my Black on Black Leather Limited Grand Cherokee from a co- worker who bought it new. It has 108,000 miles on its 4.7 Liter V8. The co-workers husband is a Chrysler Certified Mechanic, so I really found a Diamond in the rough since the 4.7's sometimes have major problems due to lack of oil changes. I love the Jeep. People always complain about the gas mileage, well people its a V8 Suv. Its NOT a Honda or Toyota or Hyundai. And none of those cars have what a Jeep has anyway. I would definitely recommend getting one to anyone who asks, just be warned that its not a hybrid.

I love the dual climate, heated leather seats, and the 6-Disc CD. I went from a Jaguar to this Jeep and I truthfully love this more than the Jag.

The only major issue I have with the Jeep is that a lot of things wear out. Fast. Like the leather. But just clean it and it's fine.