Used 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Love this Jeep
By redvannie

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Orvis 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought this Jeep from my husband's employer after he had driven it for about 6 years. He loved it and only missed 1 day of work in all those years (because of ice) because of the weather and we live 45 minutes away. I've been driving it ever since and I love it. It's so fun. The paint looks like new still (when it's clean--we live on a gravel road). I know it's going to go on the snow, and stop too. It has 283000 miles on it and did have the transmission rebuilt at 225000. I like the computer. A drunk driver hit it yesterday so I'm not sure whether we'll fix it back up--it's not worth too much to anyone else at this point, especially the insurance company.

So fun to drive, computer, looks great after all these years, sits high, easy for my son to work on.

As most have said, wish it got better gas mileage. When it was younger got about 22, but now down to 15-18 mpg.

Solid Transportation
By Jamye

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV

We have enjoyed our Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. We bought it about 6 years ago with 98,000 miles and now have 170,000 miles with no major issue. It is starting to leak some oil, but hey it's almost 14 years old.

Lots of visibility, mileage has been above average for this style vehicle, easy to maintain and work on if needed, love the straight 6 cyl. engine (hard to kill)

Rear hatch hydraulic supports even after replacement don't hold the hatch up well, could be the mount angle

Gas hog
By Jeff

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I recently purchased a 244,000 mile 1995 Jeep GC. I have owned 7 jeeps prior to this one. It is a great running jeep even with the mileage. I purchased it as a back up vehicle but find myself driving it instead of my Nissan even with gas mileage as bad as it is. I had to replace the transfer case recently but was able to find one at a junkyard for 120 dollars. The Jeep is extremely easy to work on. I definitely recommend the GC experience.

Ride quality.

It's a Jeep, I just deal with the little things.

Creaks but runs forever
By firstwagon

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it 7 years ago for 7 grand. Since then the only non maintenance repair was a starter motor. It's towed our travel trailer all over BC and never let us down. It leaks oil and creaks and groans but it never quits and has real character.

Roomy, decent mileage (13 L/100 km city, 10 L/100 km on the hwy). Good power from the 4.0 and better handling and ride then any other truck SUV. Faultless transmission.

better gaskets to stop oil leaks

200k and keeps on going!
By laura, nm

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this Jeep with 70k on it. It now has 200k and I've never been happier with a vehicle. It's sturdy, reliable, and does its job. The fuel economy is average in today's world but I can still get 18 -22 mpg if I drive carefully. Its real colors show when it's driven off road - it's impressive. I have driven this car across the USA six times and its never let me down. Had the transmission replaced at 150k - but only because the mechanic that serviced it didn't add transmission fluid and ruined the original. The driver's seat is getting soft but other than that the paint job, interior, and everything else has held up well. I live in New Mexico - rough terrain. I wouldn't be without my Jeep!

Reliable. Tough. Compass and temperature gauge are invaluable when you travel into the wilderness as I do. Good cargo space. If you can find a good used one of these, you'll have to beat me to it!

Not relevant.