Used 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

My Jeep Hates me
By enicole

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

When I received this car as a gift, it had 140,000 miles on it.
I
immediately needed to replace the front and back brakes, which cost over 1,000.00.
The transmission then went out around 155,000 miles, and the rebuild cost over 2,000.00.
Barely over a year later the transmission went out again and had to be repaired, luckily it was still under warranty.
I have spent more on this car than it is worth.
It's sad because I LOVE the way this car drives, great acceleration with the V8, and it handles very well for a bulky SUV.
Now the power steering needs to be replaced at 177,000 miles.
We are good about regular service,but this car will nickle and dime you to death if it has high mileage

Pushing 230,000 Miles
By eprince

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV

I bought this car from my grandmother with 160,000 miles. I've since done more than a few minor repairs (radiator, alternator, idler pulleys, etc.), but nothing I couldn't either do myself or a family friend couldn't do for cheap. The belt tensioner pulley is messed up, causing strain on the alternator, so I have had to replace it a few times, but it is under lifetime warranty with free replacements and I do the work myself.

Now, it has 231,800 miles and counting, original block and transmission running stronger than ever. If you can live with doing relatively minor repairs, doing proper maintenance, and don't drive like a bat out of hell, this is one of the best vehicles made.

Inline 6 Cylinder engine (near impossible to break) Padded leather seats Chrysler OBD 1 check engine sensor (easy to read. Turn the ignition on, off, on, off, on and wait for the check engine light to start blinking. All codes are 2 digits, code 55 means end of series/no more codes)

Cant go anyother way
By JeepBeast

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I Love my zj, got the 318 v8 in it and man that motor is solid and fast with the quadra trac transfer case. Gotten stuck once in it but easy to pull out. Has 175,263 miles on it and still running strong and tranny shifts smooth. Gas mileage is alright for a vehicle that is 15 years old. about 15 in city and 22 on highway give or take. Would drive it anywhere and Chrysler can build a great vehicle.

Leather seats, V8, 4x4

A manual tranny!

95 Grand Cherokee Laredo
By Kaydee

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

Best vehicle purchase I made 12 years ago since upgrading from a 1985 Olds Cutlass Supreme. The grand Cherokee Laredo gave me everything I can could possibly want in a vehicle and it's still going strong. Glad I purchased this vehicle!

Full-Time 4Wheel Drive, Inline 6 Cy motor and the overall appearance of the vehicle which even 12 years later stands apart from all other vehicles.

Larger Wheels, minimum of 18", which I now have on the vehicle for the winter and 22" wheels for the summer. Better transmission, air conditioning & suspension could have also been improved on the 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee's!

Great Vehicle
By Diablo47

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

Bought Jeep 5 years ago with 161,154 miles. Now has 247,896. Still runs great and looks great. Very little maintenance. Second set of tires after 64,000 miles. I'll run it for another 100,000 probably

better than 20 miles to a gal.

wiring in drivers door needs improvement.