Used 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Bad 2 the Bone Grand Cherokee
By Reliable old Jeep

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned my 94 Grand cherokee for almost a year now. I love it. It has the power , Ride comfort , and style. I have babied this car since day one i got it. My jeep has a 4" lift and 31" tires. So a offroader jeep. This is my 1st car. The only work i have had 2 do on this car is undoing the last owners mistakes, Such as putting the proper size shocks on. A actual transmission pan gasket, ( Not masking tap) and putting bolts through the front Brake caliber. I love this car. The power is amazing, The original paint is in amazing condition. The pillow top leather seats are very comfy. Parts are cheap 2 by. Build quality it good. Reliability is great. Jeeps are good. Will by another one 4 sure

Pillow top leather seats. Smooth ride, Looks, Duel power leather seats, Power from the 5.2 V8 engine. Towing is a breeze. Wood trim interior, full time 4wd.

Pull the shifter back 5 inches, I have 2 really reach when it is in park. Bigger wind shield,

Best Vehicle i ever owned
By Marc

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

My dad gave me a jeep as my first car with 210,000 miles on it. it was in awesome shape, garaged all the time and was good on gas, got about 25 miles to the gallon. the straight six was not short on power and still ran great at 215000 miles. Only new parts on it are; oil pump, U-joints tie rod ends and ball joints, everything else is stock. Jeeps best vehicle ever i think they really designed this very well.

The interior, plenty of room with comfortable leather seats and power everything.

I love it the way it is I don't think it needs any improvements.

best yet
By Colorado Jeeper

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

2nd owner of this jewel, and it has been better than expected. My second Jeep, and would hate to do without one now. Rock solid on every kind of road (or lack thereof), fantastic in snow, great on rocky roads. 15-20 mpg and plenty of power from the V8 when you need to kick it. Very low maintenance. Hope that gas prices don't make them disappear completely, because Colorado winters and mountain roads need that kind of solid, dependable 4WD vehicle for the sake of safety (fun is nice, too!).

Power, sure-footed in snow (BFG T/As help), styling, dependability, durability.

Rear main seal (tends to seep on all 4.0L and 5.2L engines).

Great Jeep
By Fever

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

A great vehicle. My father bought this Jeep new in late 1993 and sold it to me in 1997. The 4 litre straight six has been a rock. It has the usual "piston slap", but all that I've done in 14 years is a new water pump and fuel pump. I stay ahead on things like the fuel filter and other tune up items. The Jeep has rewarded me handsomely for it. I towed an overloaded 2 axle u-haul trailer across the country and threw a wheel bearing that led to a shredded axle, but that was my own fault. The Jeep still got 13 mpg that trip. I have loaded it with 1000 lbs + too many times to count. It towed my boat like a champ too. I have really abused it over the years but it still cleans up nice

Luxurious interior, great power, small enough to park in the city, high quality interior and exterior build quality.

Rock solid
By kaotik_inc

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I've recently purchased a v8 grand Cherokee limited that was brought to Canada over a year ago from California... The truck sat for over a year without any starting.... Boosted it, & it ran & drove on a dead battery & year old gas! Truck has been a daily driver since then, & goes trail-ridin' every 2 or 3 days... Never been stuck... Never broke. That's a tough truck, in my book! I'm convinced... It's definitely a Jeep thing... I'm hooked on these things now.

I love the 318! Mated with Quadra trac, it has neck snapping torque for a stock truck! More than enough power for the mud, etc.

Stock push bars/light guards & flexible power antennas.