MSRP Starting at

Save as much as $7,332
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Don’t think about it, buy it!

Greg Granello, 07/03/2019
Sport S 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

We thought about buying a Gladiator for 4-5 months, never having owned a Jeep or Chrysler product. But we needed a 4WD we could configure (roof, doors, windshield) and that was off-road capable for fun, that could tow our boat or motorcycle, and that had a truck bed for dogs, tool box or trips to Home Depot. I should mention we are recently retired to the lake, so we don’t commute, the Gladiator is an occasional use errand, towing and hunting/ camping vehicle. OK, we have a white Sport S for a few days now and are amazed at this product’s features, solidity and quality fit & finish. We connected to the entertainment and other electronics such as nav in five minutes, everything worked instantly AND IT ALL WORKS TOGETHER. Popped the roof and stowed the panels, three minutes. Pulled over, threw it into 4H and took off through a brushy, wooded, rocky lot, easy. We love this truck. If there are any negatives they would be that this truck must be driven, it is torquey (surprising power in low gears) and a bit pitchy until you adjust your driving techniques (accelerator-brake). It will wander a bit if you do not drive it. The cabin is a bit small if you are used to a full size truck, especially for items like water bottles, phones, handguns, purses, etc. We’ll get that figured out. None of these things slowed us, we expected them going in. Back seat surprisingly comfortable. The V-6 is plenty, impressive torque at low speeds and acceleration from any speed. Pulls our boat easily, where the 4Runner was a bit iffy (mostly because 2WD). Very happy with our decision and enjoying this truck.

Finally -the Best of Both Worlds

AJ, 02/29/2020
Overland 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Look, this will be my third Wrangler-style vehicle (JK, CJ5 & Gladiator in that order) and my 6th Jeep product overall so my post is obviously a bit biased. That being said, when you buy a Jeep, you probably know what you are getting into; they ride and look different. If you are looking for a vehicle that rides like a Bentley on the road, look elsewhere. If however you can accept reasonable creature comforts, ride, and noise while benefiting from extreme versatility, ruggedness, freedom, stable value and the timeless "cool" factor then this is the vehicle for you. Taking off the top and doors gets you as close to the freedoms of riding a motorcycle without having to wear a helmet. It really is a great time. Also, no other vehicle is as customizable as a Jeep. There are entire magazines devoted to it so you can make each one into your own. I've loved Jeeps but always needed a truck, now I can have both. My only two critiques are 1- the keyfob is the size of of a Zippo lighter which is unnecessarily large and 2- the soft top version of the Gladiator simply looks "off" -like something out of World War 2 which is perhaps why they are not selling well. Small concessions for what you get in return. The hard top is the way to go anyway for heat and noise. The new hardtop material is feather light and I can lift everything off by myself. Go buy one and don't look back. I will drive this thing until it or I are dead.

Impressed

Jeffrey T, 06/29/2020
Overland 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned a '13 four-door JK Wrangler and an '18 Grand Cherokee so maybe I have a bit of pro-Jeep bias, BUT my new Gladiator Overland continues to impress me. It shares many parts with the new JL Wrangler, so of course the cabin comfort and quality of materials are head and shoulders above my JK Unlimited. Splurging for the 8.4-inch screen is worth it. The UConnect infotainment system is the most intuitive and best looking I've ever used. Driving-wise, I've only spent a limited amount of time in a JL Wrangler so I can't compare its driving experience to the Gladiator but as far as the JK is concerned the Gladiator is a vast improvement. It soaks up bumps and imperfections with ease. The truck bed is what sold me. I'm not a big off-roader so the compromises Jeep had to make with the longer frame are a fair trade-off to enjoy being able to haul things on the weekend/throw stuff in the back and get going. Wranglers aren't known for their cargo space, though my JKU wasn't too bad. The Gladiator just makes loading gear effortless. And unlike most other trucks you can reach right over the side of the bed and grab whatever you need. Another plus is the 3.6 Pentastar engine paired to the 8-speed auto transmission. The Pentastar is reliable and gets up to speed just fine with the 8-speed. Yes, you notice the Gladiator's additional weight but I think the Pentastar is completely suitable for this size vehicle. To top it off, the truck is a convertible and oozes personality. Are there cheaper options available in the mid-size truck category? Absolutely. Will those trucks put a smile on your face every day like the Jeep? To each his own, but I always look forward to getting behind the wheel of the Gladiator. *12/30/20* update - it's now relatively cold here in North Carolina and the Gladiator is still performing great. The Jeep heats up quickly and can get HOT fast. Seated heats and steering wheel are a big plus this time of year. The only issue I've had in about 8,500 miles is the rear glass on the hard top apparently came from the factory leaking around the seal. I've read in some Gladiator forums that this was a common issue on some early Gladiators. Chrysler is replacing the rear glass under warranty, however due to COVID it's taken two months at this point for the glass to come in. Thankfully it's a relatively minor leak. To be honest, I somewhat expect things like this to crop up on a new model vehicle in its first year. All in all though, the Gladiator has been fantastic.

Ad
Build Your Gladiator
Select Color:

Lot of Engine Problems

Michigan Gladiator, 09/04/2020
Rubicon 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

Bought a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon and at 76 miles and 3rd day ESS and CEL came on. Fault code was Multiple Cylinder misfire. Latest TSB didn't fix the issue. Still at dealership and they said they don't know but these vehicles have lot of engine issues. They don't have any resolution. Do your research about engine misfires before buying.....looks like they are repairing engines, replacing engines and buying back vehicles with no solution in sight. Its a shame that a vehicle above 50k price tag can't even make 100 miles.

Great design but had a premature problem

S Haddix, 02/28/2020
Overland 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 6M)

After driving my Gladiator for less than a day, it had multiple system failures related to a clockspring issue that I've read some Wranglers have also had. The issue took a maddeningly long time to resolve, but ultimately Jeep made it right for me. Otherwise, I thought the Gladiator had a very well thought out design with an intuitive controls layout, add to that the ability of making it topless and it’s still a truck that I hope to hold onto. It took 10 minutes yesterday to remove our hardtop and go driving, I don’t think the process could have been easier.

12345...9