The 2017 Jeep Compass can be an inexpensive way to get a Jeep that looks more expensive than it really is. But read on to learn why we think other rival crossover SUVs bring a lot more substance to the table.
- Appealing baby-Grand Cherokee styling
- Optional flip-down tailgate speakers make tailgating a bit more fun
- Above-average off-road capability with Freedom Drive II
- Attractively priced.
- Unrefined and sluggish base engine that's paired to a droning CVT
- Steering wheel doesn't telescope, making it hard to get an ideal driving position
- Poor crash-test scores
- Unsophisticated ride quality over bumps
- Minimal cargo space
- Chintzy cabin.