2017 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

All New Latitude is a Great Value
By Rep

2017 Jeep Compass All New Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

The All New Jeep Latitude is a vehicle that is a great value with great resale value, especially with 4wd. The ride is stiff and the handling is very good. The interior is good quality and not plasticy and cheap like the Jeep Renegade. The seating is very comfortable. The infotainment center, even with the smaller 5-inch screen and bluetooth, is very nice. The only upgrade that I would suggest is the larger screen along with more technology. It would be worth the extra money. Overall, I am very happy with this vehicle. It is my first Jeep. I did a lot of research and prefer this model over the larger Jeep Grand Cherokee.

My first SUV!`
By LUCY RICHARDSON

2017 Jeep Compass All New Latitude 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love my new jeep compass, however, you really have to be diligent when turning corners for pedestrians, the columns at the end of the windshield are kind of wide (had the same issue with my old honda accord so i'm used to it). Drives very well just had for a week so I can't critique repairs yet. Overall, I'VE BEE CONVERTED! No more sedans, SUVs ALL THE WAY!

Driver seat horror
By Rich killmer

2017 Jeep Compass Latitude w/Prod. End 02/17 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl CVT)

I have my leased compass 15 months the driver seat is broke for the second time first time took 2 weeks to repair its at dealer right now 5 days already Aug20 dealer blames Chrysler for not having parts to repair,wondering if anyone else is having same problem!

Just over a year of ownership and I like this Jeep
By Gary

2017 Jeep Compass All New Trailhawk 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

My initial review at 9,000 miles was fairly critical. I had some condensation issues in the daytime running light and felt somewhat let down as far as build quality goes. I was not expecting to have these kinds of issues this early. Of course, Jeep fixed the light under warranty. Fast forward a year, and I have to admit to liking this vehicle quite a bit. The fit and finish are good, there are no squeaks or rattles, and everything is working well. The 4-wheel drive capability is nothing short of astonishing. You will not find another vehicle in this class that has a fraction of the off-road capability of the Compass. If that’s at all important to you, then you’ve really only one choice at this size. I absolutely love the rugged styling and I receive many positive comments from random people in parking lots. If I have one complaint, and it’s a big one, it’s the terrible reluctance of the 9-speed to downshift. The transmission is programmed for EPA estimates and not spirited driving. I get around the issue by doing a lot of “manual” shifting with the auto-stick. It’s a little frustrating that Jeep doesn’t add a sport mode for better transmission performance. I’d sacrifice a couple of MPG to not have to manually downshift so often. I keep hoping that Jeep will offer a software update to the transmission to make it less lazy on the downshifts. Come on, FCA! You have the technology and you’d put a lot of smiles on Compass owners’ faces. That said, I really do like this vehicle and believe that its positives easily outweigh its negatives.

Loving this car so far
By Makenzie

2017 Jeep Compass All New Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I love this car! Drives heavy like a luxury vehicle and has a lot of premium finishes but didn't break my budget. Some of the technology features take a little while to get used to and I don't get as great of gas milage as I was expecting (but I rarely drive on the highway and have a hilly commute everyday) but it's been a great choice so far. Everyone that has ridden in the backseat say it's very comfortable and there is lots of room. The cargo space is smaller than I expected but since the back seats fold flat it hasn't been an issue at all.