Used 2014 Jeep Compass Sport Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jeep Compass - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

Jeep compass purchase (2014)
By Vickie S

2014 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I like the cloth seats but would prefer bench seats for these smaller vehicles. I put a key lock gas cap on and the MIL code on dash board lit up, also tried to put the old gas cap back on and still won't turn off, may be bad gas but mostly putting in the 87 blend and with the way gas prices are these days all cars should come with a key lock gas cap. The cruise control needs to be less complicated. I have the 2.4 engine with 4wd so if you are able to set cruise control before going up hills it's better. Would have preferred a 6 cylinder and a little more room to move inside.

Great car!!!
By Mae

2014 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Love my new car,this is my first SUV . I purchased the car in may of this yr. The car is awesome it fit my family well. No problems with anything. Thank you Paul Blanco is when purchased the car.

don't buy Jeep
By grammielil5

2014 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought one and had to sell it back within 3 months due to seal of driver side window/door doesn't seal. In service X 3 and Jeep notified by me.......Now I see everywhere on internet numerous compaints!
I just got subaru outback and it's great and made all in America

Jeep needs to recall thier vehicles and fix the seal also work on public relations..All I can say is the big bosses must make millions and really don;t care about the vehicles they're making.

A Neat Little Rig
By smitty82

2014 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Your review mentions sluggish acceleration and cramped back seat. I found the opposite. I bought the Sport 4X2 with 2.4 engine and 6-speed automatic (your review had the CVT and had not tested the 6-speed). I tried the CVT and waited for the 6-speed; I'm glad I did. I drove the 2.0 engine and it was too weak, but the 2.4 is fine. And the 6-speed is a big improvement over the CVT. It has plenty of room- front and back- for a small vehicle. I compared the Escape, RAV4, Subaru, Mitsubishi, and others, including the Dart, Focus, and Avenger.

I like the size- small on the outside, big inside. Plenty of room for grandkids, dogs, yard supplies, etc. It will tow my boat, run the back roads, get 30 mpg on the highway (24 in town) and cruise cross-country in comfort. I've put 5000 miles on it in two months and my wife loves it. The price was right- less than $ 22,000. And it is American- made; engine made in Michigan, final assembly in Illinois. Plus a 100,000 power train warranty.

The only thing I would like to see is removable headrests on the back seat- they block rearward visibility, so we often keep the seats folded down. And even the base Model Compass should have a compass- it doesn't!