Used 2008 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews - 51 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Jeep Compass

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

Love this baby Jeep
By schneikm

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Jeep Compass used 2 years ago at 22,000 miles and I'm at about 50,000 now. They didn't give me the option to select the correct model I have, mine is the 2.0L 4-cyl autostick. All I have had to replace so far is brake pads, and I probably need new tires soon.

The seats are comfortable, even on long 12 hour drives. Perfect for moving because there is so much space when you put the seats down.

I dislike the 2.0L engine because the get-up is slow and my gas mileage is about 26mpg highway.

I love this car because I am a tall person (5'10) and it is so spacious I don't feel like I'm compacted into a car. The turn radius is great. Did I mention I have manual locks and windows and I still love it? The seats are comfortable, even on long 12 hour drives. I like the AUX outlet so I can plug in my music. Oh, I also call it my moving machine because I can fit so much in the car when I put the seats down.

Surprisingly reliable
By dteitzel

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2008 Compass after being a long time, repeat Toyota buyer. The price was excellent and I got a 3 year gas card that I am still using, every time I get gas I save some change or more. I don't have the confidence in Jeep, but I have been pleasantly surprised. I have not had problems, other than battery died once after a cold spell. The car has never died or stranded me. I have not done any additional service other than the most basic. I have 48K miles on it.

Regular power outlet-love it. Wish more vehicles would add this feature. I use it to keep my blue tooth charged at all times. I just love the idea that I could plug anything from the house in the car. I also like the knowing the temperature. My previous more expensive SUV, Highlander didn't have either of these features.

Better quality interior plastic and fabric. Bigger gas tank. Better gas mileage.

roll-backs
By southmax

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I thought i loved the jeep compass, until i came to an incline, the truck goes backward instead of forward. Has anyone else had this problem with the 08 COMPASS? Other than the roll back, it seems to be a great little car. I reported the problem to Chrysler's headquarter, they had the car picked up about 20 minutes after i called.I am waiting to hear from them.

It is roomy,very cute, and the paint job is great with the sparkles in it.

It has a blind side, could redesign to have a better side view.

Disappointed
By Kelly

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car after a Liberty because I was trying to save on gas. Saved there lost elsewhere. I am 5'10 and this car is NOT for tall people. The roof is not like other cars and when I pull up to stop lights (on the white line) I have to duck my head to see what color the light is. I do like how it whips around corners and handles great. However, after having this car for a week, I am in the process of returning it. I wish the roof was better and didn't have the extra material by the windshield. Jeep struck out with this one for tall people.

The color and sunroof are hands down my favorite. The handling is also amazing. I love how the trunk area is made of hard plastic. Easy clean up. The many small compartments and the sliding middle is also a plus.

The large space above the windshield needs to be removed. This car is only for people under 5'6 as my mother in law had a hard time seeing as well.

I like it!
By Mission

2008 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just picked up an '08 last weekend. So far I love it!. Fun to drive very comfortable and good on gas. I actually really enjoy the CVT transmission and when I need a change I go to autostick. You do not need any more power than this in a vehicle.

Comfortable, looks great. I'm 6'1 and have tons of head and leg room in here.

Center console is too low