Used 2007 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews - 138 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Compass

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

42,000 & shot! Poor sub standard quality
By BarbinCT

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Within the first week of owning, failed computer module cause unsafe driving conditions and faulty triggering of my tcs/abs on the highway.? car would slow down, not accelerate.. Dangerous! Dealer said this issue was not part of the recall related to abs? had to go to shop 3 times before this was properly diagnosed and corrected. At 30, ooo miles the clutch needed supposed replacing, out of pocket expense ($1300), not warrantied. Never had a clutch wear out or need replacing in 20 years of driving 5 speed manual! Very next day, broke down again, had another clutch issue.. Cable broke, this was covered? towed in and repaired clutch 2 days in a row?

At 42, ooo miles. Muffler internal baffles rotted out from cat conv. All the way to tail pipe. Rotted out internally? owned caqre less than 18 months.. 42,000, axle leak, front lower control arm, and tie rod ends.. Tie rod ends not covered?

Bought car for reliability and warranty.?? Paid 20,000 for a cheap vcar with warranty. Everything not covered by warranty prematurely broke or needed replacing in less than 2 years. Things broke or needed repair that could last 10 years on a quality car.

Love my Compass
By Sharon

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 2007 Jeep Compass and have no regrets buying it. I have the 4x4 Sports and have hand no problems what so ever. This particular make is just now really starting to catch on and I can't understand why Chrysler did not promote it as much. I get a lot of second looks while driving:-) Always wanted a jeep and this one is perfect for me.

Love the way it handles.

There is a blind side but once you adjust for it there is no problem but that visibility part should be addressed.

awesome
By akersey2

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've been reading the reviews that have been posted and I don't know what to say about all the problems that they have been having with the vehicle. I purchased my 1st Jeep Compass in Dec. 2006. The following May I was in a car accident when a dump truck hit my passenger side and pushed it to the driver's side. I was very grateful that the vehicle's structure was saved my life. A month later I went out and purchased my 2nd Jeep Compass and have had no problems with it. I've had it for 2 years now with 34K miles on it. I travel often to Texas from Iowa and have no issues.

I love everything about it. I've managed to the MPG up to 30 when on long trips.

worthless investment
By Paul

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Jeep billed this little jewel as a great buy. I feel that I have been cheated. The fuel economy is what attracted me to this vehicle initially. After I bought it I quickly found out that the posted MPG were very WRONG. Then, within one month of purchasing the vehicle, the manufacturer posts new fuel economy numbers for the stupid thing. Guess what...they were lower than originally posted. Their response to my complaint, "Sorry.". Never again.

None.

Don't dress up a lemon.

not good car
By mike

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car always had some problem, I had to have a computer mod replaced twice the breaks went bad after 32k miles the front wheel bearing went bad the ball join, the control arm and the tie rods. This all went bad about a month after the car was out of warranty I would not buy another jeep product. I also have a wrangler that has had a bunch of problems.

nice design looks good

The quality cars shouldn't wear out after 30k miles.