Used 2007 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews - 138 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Compass

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

Great Vehicle for the Money.
By MichiganCityRogers

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine used and it had 33,000 miles. I've owned it for about two months and have had no problems from a mechanical standpoint. I own the 4X4 model and this vehicle replaced a Jeep Cherokee Sport. The performance during the recent 30+ inches of snow we had in Indiana was nothing short of amazing. Performed in the snow as well as the Cherokee. The cargo area, with the fold down back seat and passenger seat, is extremely large and I am able to haul extension ladders, etc. with no problem. Fuel economy is consistently 22 MPG. When comparing the selling price against the performance and usefulness, this car is a great deal.

Cargo area, 4X4, sound system, sun roof and audio system steering column controls.

Cup holder area is too far down.

Nice for the price
By Jeep lover

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine used with 21000 mls and i now have 41000mls in it and I love driving it. Mine is a blue 5 speed standard transmission. It is fun to drive easy to park has lots of get up and go. I love the fact that the rearseats fold down for more cargo space when needed. After a fresh rain it always looks like it came right out of the car wash.The interior could use some work. I have on piece of plastic interior that keeps popping out. I have an Ipod holder but you cannot use an Ipod when your model has the 6 cd changer. Love the sun roof, but the overall ride is rougher than I would like. gas mileage should be better for a standard 4 cyl. The four wheel drive works great use it lots in PA>

The sporty look of exterior, great stereo, easy to use four wheel drive. Fun to drive. Loving the sunroof. Good deal for a four wheel drive. I like it better than my friend's CRV and I got a way better deal price wise.

Improve grade of plastics interior. Better ride.The center console needs redesigned. Not good as armrest needs to be moved forward an inch or two. I have a flip up thing to hold an Ipod that I cannot connect to my stereo DUH? Seats are hard to clean I have 2 boys. No major problems just minor irks.

Excellent car!!
By amairs

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car! I haven't had it long, but it handled beautifully through the 16.5 inches of snow we got. I feel very safe having my 1 year old son in it. It is so comfortable, and the space is just perfect. It is a smaller SUV- not meant for hauling big loads, so the trunk isn't what you'd find in a large SUV. I haven't had any problems, and get very decent gas mileage.

Gas mileage, comfort, space, it's a very sturdy car.

Bigger gas tank and to move the cupholders up- I feel like they are too far down.

Nice 2nd jeep
By Ron

2007 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this Compass few months back used with extended warranty, now I have 42000 miles on it and the only thing that has been done is oil changes, rotate and balance tires. No maintenance issues at all. Easy to park, get in and out of I'm 6'1", best rear leg room for small car, fun to drive, I own 2 Wranglers 97, 04 they are my real 4wd. This fwd Compass is a real jewel, average mpg 25.

Heated leather seats, rear leg room, leather audio control steering wheel 18" chrome wheels, sunroof.

Softer arm rest, windshield antenna, power driver seat.

NOT A SAFE CAR - DOES NO HANDLE IN WET
By sunshine

2007 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This car is almost 3 years old and since the beginning I have told the dealer it slides when braking and taking off on wet roads - badly. They always have said nothing is wrong. Now they tell me it must be the tires and I should spend $600.00 on different tires, to my reply was so you sold me a car with unsafe tires. I got a shrug of shoulder response. This coupled with horrible rear and rear sides visibility due to huge v shaped metal between rear and side windows and non-movable headrests make it an unsafe vehicle. I will not even take it on a trip or out if it is raining or about to rain.

Sirrus radio it came with

Have it engineered to make it capable of driving in wet weather. Improve visibility.