Used 2007 Jeep Compass SUV Consumer Reviews - 138 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Compass SUV

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

Okay for the price
By Jackie

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have 60,000 miles on my Jeep and am thinking of getting a new one. I have only replaced the tires, rear brakes and done my regular maintenance. Nothing else. I replaced the CD player because the factory brand is cheap. Also I was re ended in it, completely totaled the other car, just a scratch on my bumper. I love the 4WD and great gas mileage. It is a great car for a mom or a student. It handles nicely. It is strange though that cruise control is not standard. I don't have it. I am thinking of getting a new 2010 Compass. Great jeep for the price!

4WD, Color, body style

Cloth seats should be leather, need power seats to be standard, on star would be nice. Needs to pick up speed a little faster.

New are lemons
By sinus

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have been having problems with this car since I bought it. Now the suspension is jack up the steering wheel making loud noise. The brakes feel like they going to give out especially when I am going down a street and trying to stop. The brake feel like it's touching the ground this should not be going on. I bought this brand new, very upset. Now I want this car back. I am scared of this monster.

gas mileage is good the design is great in the interior is great and very compact

all the jeeps should get a recall and go back on the assembled line and and get a clean bill of health

My Jeep is on Fire
By yingyang

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Well, my leased 2007 Jeep Compass caught fire last night in my friend's driveway after being driven for approx. 45 mins on the highway. Three firetrucks and two cops cars later - the report says "electrical fire". No on hurt but major stress. Thought, I should put it there for all to review. Anyone else on fire?

A COMPLETE Shocker
By afterrainjosh

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Contrary to what some reviewers have said, I was blown away on all fronts by the Compass. The comfort of the drive is astounding. The handling and power is better than my wife's $50,000 sports car (I am not kidding. Her exact words were "Oh my gosh; honey! It's amazing"), the gas mileage is nothing short of amazing- we have recorded between 29 and 30 mpg on the freeway. The style of interior design is on par with similarly priced other makes; however the actual layout is extremely functional- everything is naturally where it should be- the little added touches (removable flashlight, power outlets, LOTS of storage, and seats that all fold flat to create a HUGE cargo area) are great too

Power, power, power. I have absolutely NO idea how a tiny little 30 mpg 4 cylinder engine can carry 4 people and a full load of luggage up a large mountain pass at 80 mpg without any compromise in handling but it does.

I wish my BASE model had come with leather but even so the cloth is good quality and attractive.

It's a lemon without Tequilla
By Disappointed in CO

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I thought I was making a decent investment it had 309 mi and was brand new. It's a jeep right? At 13,000 mi I had a worn set of tires that cost me $800 to replace. The warranty didn't cover the alignment problem I had. By 20,000 mi I had broken seat moldings on both sides of the vehicle. I also had an Airbag light blinking. The dealership fixed and within 2 weeks it came on again. My seat moldings are not covered by warranty due to "Natural wear and tear" on the jeep. Another set of tires at 24,000 mi. I am at 38,000 mi my warranty is over 2,000 mi and my transmission is going out. The dealership that sold me the car said it is a $6000 problem and my tires are worn again.

It is awesome in the snow when my tires are good. Great to maneuver. Fun to drive and good looking vehicle.

Take it off the market or rehaul the style. Jeep has better quality products then this. My brakes do not hold when parked on hills.