Used 2007 Jeep Compass SUV Consumer Reviews - 138 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Compass SUV

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

2007 Compass
By Peter Waugh

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We have owned our 2007 Jeep Compass for one year. It has 22,000 miles on it. It is the Sport 4x4 edition with automatic transmission. My wife is the primary driver of the vehicle. She loves it. We average 25 mpg. Overall satisfaction is very good. It does not have much power but it handles very well. I am over 6 feet tall and have plenty of room in either the front or rear seats. The 4 wheel drive is outstanding. We have had several snow storms this past year of a foot or more and it is like driving on bare pavement. If you are looking for an "off road" Jeep don't buy it. If you want a dependable 4x4 as a daily driver & commuting vehicle buy it!

overrated
By lulu

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Jeep compass is one of the most overrated vehicles out there. It is not a safe vehicle, it is a vehicle with Major engine problems. I've owned it since September 2007 and I decided to drive it to my grandmothers funeral in Georgia, big mistake I barely made it home, majors engine problems, and all of a sudden my suv started sounding like a motorcycle, it have bolt and electrical problems. Now I'm stuck with a 17,000 bill.

what features

take it off the market

Jeepeee
By Dave

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have to say who ever rated the Compass for edmunds is in another world than me. I have owned several Grand Cherokees and Cherokees and the Compass outperformed all of them. It is much better in the snow, (and I live in NE PA. where we get a lot of snow.) The ride is better and the gas milage is fine contrary to the person rating it states. I averaged 25 miles a gallon. The Cherokees averaged 16!! The 2007 Compass handles great and the Stereo is crisp and clear. I also selected the 18 inch chrome wheels. SHARP! The only things I have to agree with is the Compass has a pretty dull interior and is sluggish to start (only) Once up to speed it can keep up with any 6 cylinder, period!

The over all look is sharp and it is comfortable to drive. You can tell other manufacturers tried to copy the Compass body style in 2008 and 2009.

More pick up at start. They already improved the interior in later models.

An OK Little SUV
By Jay

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my compass for 2 years, and I have had no major problems with it, aside from the computer needing to be flashed twice for recall stuff, but that seemed rather minor. I bought the FWD fro gas mileage, but after reading some other posts I appear to be getting pretty bad gas mileage, averaging only 25-26 on the highway, and about 20 in the city. Overall the interior has held up well but it is a bit boring when the "new" wears off. (hard plastic everywhere) I may be a bit biased (this is my first car with less than 220hp), but I think it needs more power! Put a V6 in it! All the safety computer stab. equipment works really well, but that's for another forum.

The heated seats, boston speaker upgrade (the flip down speakers in liftgate...that I've used 1 time), and the exterior look. It is a sharp looking vehicle.

Better Gas mileage, aV-6, being able to lift just the back glass, some padding on the center armrest,relocate the cell / ipod holder from the armrest to near the center console (beside shifter maybe). This one may be a shock, but i think this vehicle should have been a car, Jeep needs a car.

Starting to have problems
By Sue

2007 Jeep Compass SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our 07 Compass one year ago. We bought it because of the warranty. I loved it in the beginning, but in the year, we have replaced 5 speakers, need new tires (only 32,000 miles)and had a tie rod replaced. Now there is a terrible noise coming from the back rear area when the brakes are applied. Took it to the dealer, they said it was a CD case rattling in the cubby in the back, well I didn't know and took off, and it is still doing it. I am not happy I am thinking there is something wrong, maybe the ABS or something. I am not a happy JEEP person at this point. Anyone else have issues with noises in the back end??

ALOT