Used 2007 Jeep Commander SUV Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Commander SUV

View reviews for a specific Commander model:

Love this vehicle
By LittleCofeBean

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this vehicle - it has been great in the snow and 4 wheeling. I do wish that it came with beefier tires, so I am putting a small lift and better tires on it. I see a lot of people have reported leaking problems. Yes - it did in mine too - but that was fixed with beads of silicone along the door frame. Jeep has instructions on their site on how to fix this. We did and we have had no problems since then. I love this ride and am completely content with it. I average about 15 Town/22 HWY.

Memory seating, power seating, navigation and heated seats.

More horsepower and better truck tires.

DO NOT BUY-MONEY PIT
By reddogues

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

have had nothing but problems from transfer case issues to now transmission problem this vehicle is only 3 years old also has needed a water pump at only 60k miles on it- tried to trade it and can't because will have to roll over 4k into another vehicle- also sun roof leaks at car wash- doors collect water every time it rains and dumps water on you when you open the door, windows go down on their own when you try to put them up, complete lemon!!!! what a disaster of a jeep

looks nice- thats about it

Leak is a Design Flaw
By Pesmith

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

If you have a sunroof your Jeep will leak in a rain storm. Here is the problem; the drain tubes are too small to handle the amount of flow in a rain storm. Every sunroof on the market leaks, you cut a hole in a roof and it will leak, but there are drain pans around the edge of the sunroof and 4 drain tubes, but when it rains and rains, the drain tubes cannot handle the amount of flow. The jeep will only flood if you park it outside setting in the rain. Have fun, I sold my Jeep and lost about 6k.

Classy executive car
By carlos

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car has met all my expectations. As an executive it is roomy, comfortable, and elegant. Gas mileage could be better, but all the other things compensate for it. I would not change. I tried the other jeep models and this is just it for me.

Sun roof, stereo sound, space.

Mileage per gallon

Not happy with its reliability.... :-(
By lnunez

2007 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We owned a 1995 Jeep, we were so pleased with this Jeep we decided to purchase the Commander, without reading up on the reviews. Big mistake, we have been taking the jeep to the dealer because it accelerates at a stop. i feel it has a mind of its own. We also had a problem with the windshield the weather strip unglued and we had to pay for it. Its hard to see at the back window, has too many blind stops. Will be trading it in for a toyota sienna.

Figure out the problem on it stalling and accelerating/shaking at a stop. Blind stops, rear seat very uncomfortable.