Used 2007 Jeep Commander Consumer Reviews - 87 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Commander

View reviews for a specific Commander model:

DO NOT BUY-MONEY PIT
By reddogues

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

have had nothing but problems from transfer case issues to now transmission problem this vehicle is only 3 years old also has needed a water pump at only 60k miles on it- tried to trade it and can't because will have to roll over 4k into another vehicle- also sun roof leaks at car wash- doors collect water every time it rains and dumps water on you when you open the door, windows go down on their own when you try to put them up, complete lemon!!!! what a disaster of a jeep

looks nice- thats about it

Leak is a Design Flaw
By Pesmith

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

If you have a sunroof your Jeep will leak in a rain storm. Here is the problem; the drain tubes are too small to handle the amount of flow in a rain storm. Every sunroof on the market leaks, you cut a hole in a roof and it will leak, but there are drain pans around the edge of the sunroof and 4 drain tubes, but when it rains and rains, the drain tubes cannot handle the amount of flow. The jeep will only flood if you park it outside setting in the rain. Have fun, I sold my Jeep and lost about 6k.

Classy executive car
By carlos

2007 Jeep Commander Overland 4dr SUV (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car has met all my expectations. As an executive it is roomy, comfortable, and elegant. Gas mileage could be better, but all the other things compensate for it. I would not change. I tried the other jeep models and this is just it for me.

Sun roof, stereo sound, space.

Mileage per gallon

Not happy with its reliability.... :-(
By lnunez

2007 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

We owned a 1995 Jeep, we were so pleased with this Jeep we decided to purchase the Commander, without reading up on the reviews. Big mistake, we have been taking the jeep to the dealer because it accelerates at a stop. i feel it has a mind of its own. We also had a problem with the windshield the weather strip unglued and we had to pay for it. Its hard to see at the back window, has too many blind stops. Will be trading it in for a toyota sienna.

Figure out the problem on it stalling and accelerating/shaking at a stop. Blind stops, rear seat very uncomfortable.

RockSolid
By Rock Solid

2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I was reading all the negative reviews and wondered if I had the same vehicle? We bought this as an end-of- year closeout on the 2007 models. We have 22K on the Commander with nary an issue. I have the 4.7 flex fuel option and it has been rock solid. Average 16 in city and 22 highway. This vehicle drives and feels like a primo luxury vehicle – smooth solid and surefooted as a mountain goat. The only issue I have is the vehicle is best described as “sedate”. It doesn’t have hard acceleration and just moseys on down the road. Turning radius is awesome, 4WD off road is tenacious. This vehicle is not as big as it looks at first glance and tight parking places are a breeze. Love it!

I like the Ride, all time 4WD, and the turning radius

More horsepower / torque.