Used 2006 Jeep Commander SUV Consumer Reviews - 296 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Commander SUV

View reviews for a specific Commander model:

Transmission Problems
By James

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

When I start my 2006 Jeep Commander and put it into drive or reverse and step on the gas its always hit or miss if the car is going to move. The engine will usually rev for a second and then finally go. Once it has starting moving in drive, every time it shifts from first to second there is a loud clicking noise. Took it to the dealership and they told me it has to get worse before they fix it. That doesn't sound right to me.

Wouldn't sell for $1million!
By Gwynda

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have wanted this car for 2 yrs and, two days after buying, rear ended another car. I feel confident in saying that I feel, if we were still driving my tiny cobalt, my daughter and i would have had several injuries. The gas mileage isn't beautiful, but the peace of mind knowing I am in a safe car outweighs this. The interior and exterior design are awesome. Even when this commander plays out on me, I will be shopping for another!

2nd row skylights, heated seats, park assist, radio and speakers are awesome!

gas mileage.

2006-sk.canada
By lungee

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Owned my 2006 since jan 07 changed airbag module/anti-slip module, 4 wheel bearings@65,000 kilometers rear pinion seal, rebuilt rear end 125,000 km, exhaust manifolds gaskets, stereo- cd quit playing, wiring harness for Windows had to be repaired and not just replaced (electrical tape), third row seat needs part and not covered under warranty because it is an option also my heated side mirrors wiring problem not covered under warranty (option) replaced muffler with dynamax little bit louder but nice (wife not too pleased) instrument panel replaced-no lighting up, have 160,000 kilometers on this (majority highway) will be looking to replace Jeep shortly (Tahoe), no help from Chrysler when asking them questions,

aftermarket exhaust, k&n air filter,driving in winters with this unit,

mileage,customer service at Chrysler on my jeep serial # for warranty work, but replacement of my stereo.

Luv my 06 Jeep Commander
By KareBear0972

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I Luv my commander! I have owned jeeps pretty much all my life but this car is Awesome. Fast pick up, nice off roading. Great in snow. Gas is not great (But I'm one of those lead foot people ) but what do you expect in a SUV? :) Only in a Jeep.

4 Years of Total Enjoyment
By Nate20

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Put it this way,the brakes are the originals at 52,000 miles! Never had an alignment either. Normal maintenance based on schedule B (longer intervals) in the owner's manual. Average fuel economy is 16 mpg with a lift and 32 inch tires. I use this vehicle really hard during the summer with camping,towing and 4 wheeling. Drives and rides like new! I would highly recommend if your expectations are not unreasonable.

4.7 V8,Tiptronic Style Tranny, Park Assist, Interior Comfort, Handling On and Off Road, Ruggedly Built

None. No kidding.