Used 2006 Jeep Commander SUV Consumer Reviews - 296 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Commander SUV

View reviews for a specific Commander model:

2006 Jeep Commander
By fireguy750

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Jeep this year and I'm very happy with it i love the space inside of it and it's great in snow

the sound is ridiculous i never owned a car with amazing sound all of my friends are jealous

definitely gas mileage,and do away with the 6 cyl it doesn't have much for pick up so definitely stick with the 8 cyl

Not a Jeep!
By joe shibotnik

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

80,000 miles. Dealer serviced or authorized dealer serviced as required per owners manual or dealer recommendation. #1 This vehicle is fun to drive. #2 This vehicle is a Durango in Jeep attire (meaning, this is not a Jeep). #3 Who in their right mind makes a "Jeep" fulltime 4 wheeldrive? Dodge, that's who. #4 Replaced front 2 times (ball joints, tie rod ends and bushings) fulltime 4wheel issue...yes. #5 Eats 60,000 mile tires in 30ish. #6 If this vehicle had 2wheel capabilities it would pull great gas mileage. #7 Leather seats are not leather. #8 Resale poor, so plan on keeping it. My Suburban is worth just as much as our (40K) Commander, its a 1999(148,000 miles). Think hard!

Triple sun roofs (1 functional), speed shifter. Driver comfort with adjustable pedals,Comfort passenger front seat. Stereo rocks! Headlight options, on board data.

Make it a JEEP. 2 wheel/4 wheel option. More ground clearance when it says "Trail Rated" on the side. Bigger front breaks. Dual exhaust. Bigger tires, after all, it's a COMMANDER! Trailer package STANDARD!

I like it, I love it!
By bigmaninds

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have 100,000 miles on my 2006 and not one single problem. I ask it to do something and without hesitation the Jeep does it. Plenty of room with my camping buddies and all our gear. Very reliable and wouldn't trade it for anything. Her name is "Billy".

room for 7 people and their gear

solid front axle, more availability of aftermarket parts

Good used jeep
By Hercules97

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my jeep and right away was very impressed with the over all package. Driving and over all comfort is great.

The over all stands off the jeep

make it when the third row of seats are up where you can see out the back window.

8x jeep, love it!
By chloe50

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My husband and I are on our 8th jeep and I couldn't wait to get the Commander. Trail rated, reliable, large size. I am a total loss adjuster and auto damage adjuster so I work around cars all day long. Wouldn't trade my Jeep for any other SUV. **For 2006-sk.canada...sounds like you got a lemon or someone didn't take care of their vehicle, do some additional research on the vehicle's history and mechanical records from the previous owner if available. The Tahoe has a history of issues ,problems and recalls..do your research.

design, trail rated..able to take off road,reliable in snow. Excellent sound system and DVD player. (sounds like I'm at the theater)

3rd row seating design to get in and out of the 3rd row