Used 2006 Jeep Commander SUV Consumer Reviews - 296 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Commander SUV

View reviews for a specific Commander model:

Jeep review
By angie

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I really like how it handles and how big it is. I really like that it seats up to 7 passengers. The design of it is nice. It looks and rides great. I have always love Jeep. It really does well in the snow.

My favorite is the room. How roomy it is for a big family. The head room is excellent.

I have only had my Jeep for 3 weeks and my back wiper fluid doesn't work. Just keep in touch with minor things that may not count but they do count.

Awesome, Dude!
By flyfishrjs

2006 Jeep Commander SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I LOVE MY JEEP! This is the second Jeep I've owned, and I am absolutely in love. The gas mileage stinks, but no surprise there. This is a great sized vehicle - bigger than a Grand Cherokee, but smaller than a Tahoe. Great for fishing, hunting, skiing, and getting around town. My black lab loves it too!

GPS navigation system works great - even in Wyoming where we seldom get good GPS readings. The 5.7 Hemi kicks! I also love the placement of the auxiliary lamps - above the door frame. This is nice because you get light where you really need it instead of on the center console.

AC power outlets in center seating area, automatic/remote open back hatch (only the glass does this now), turning radius is a little disappointing, and driver area cupholder setup is stupid - why would the cupholders be 2 different sizes?

Satsified Buyer
By Mrs. Culver

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted the feel of a SUV but something not as large, I traded my Expedition in for the Commander and I am very satisfied with the vehicle.

My favorite features are the heated seats and rear assistance when backing up.

Improvements for me would be buttons on the steering wheel and the windshield wiper and light control switches to also light up when turning on the lights.

ALWAYS A SUV GAL!
By V-6 Jeep Loaded

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After looking at the Commander I wasn't sure if I wanted a vehicle in its first production year, but I have have nothing but wonderful things to say about my Jeep. It is a late 06 Model with 07 options (paint-Red Rock), just a beautiful color. It is fully loaded with leather, heated seats, 3 sunroofs and Sirius radio. It is wonderful. I have had Jeeps before (Grand Jeep model) but I enjoy the Commander even more. The gas mileage is not bad at all considering I used to drive a Tahoe, but it really is not bad I would "HIGHLY" recommend this vehicle. My kids love it too, and it has plenty of room to haul kids to games, yet "Sporty" for Mom...the SUV gal! The price is pretty decent also.

3 sunroofs, leather heated seats, and 3rd row seating. Sirius radio, and it has all kinds of little compartments all over the vehicle for storage of sunglasses, CD's or insurance papers. The rear assist is a GREAT feature. I LOVE THE RED ROCK COLOR (2007 color).

The theater seating is nice, but when the third row seating is up, the headrests are so high it makes it difficult to see out the rear window. But, I guess that is what the rear assist is for.

Good Deal...
By john2551

2006 Jeep Commander SUV 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Recently purchased a demo 06 Commander for around $19k. I was amazed at all the standard features this car has. To me the Commander drives better than my sister's Tahoe which she paid $12k more. Can't beat the price especially when Jeep is always giving incentives. Only complaint is the 3rd row which takes up to much usable space. Had a problem with the tire monitor going off for no reason, but dealer fixed it.

Park assist, iPod connection, onboard computer does everything - you can even adjust the length of time for the lights to stay on, which doors to unlock with remote etc.

Longer warranty, fold flat 3rd row like the Town and Countrys. Chrysler version of OnStar.