Used 2006 Jeep Commander Consumer Reviews - 296 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Commander

View reviews for a specific Commander model:

Perfect Car for my family.
By Great Car

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

My parents bought this car in September after my sister and I begged for it. My mom was very hesitant at first because she thought that it was a Hummer. She also didn't want people to think that she was a gas guzzler. On the other end my dad, the typical manly man, loves Howard Stern (Sirius was a major plus), loves sports and he loves his new manly car. Also it was a huge improvement from our purple minivan. As a young person I was attracted to this car for the sunlights in the back and I also liked the silver handles on the door. When we went on our first big trip with this car we went to Palm Springs. Interstate 10 down there is very windy, and we could hear all of the wind!

I have to say despite the wind protection, this is a wonderful car. It is very easy to use the air conditioning and heater. If you see, this car has a very tall dashboard window thing which allows to see everything on the road. and it makes you feel really far off the ground.

The interior looks kind of cheap with the colors we have. (black and grey) Wind protection. More room for luggage maybe the trunk area can have more storage space. Better mileage.

I Love My Commander
By Eric

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I love almost everything about my car. I'm not much of a Jeep person, but this car is what I've been looking for. I love the box shape. I love the navigation system. The speakers are great. I have the 4.7 liter V8, and that gives me enough power. This car has horrible fuel economy, but I dont mind because it's worth the extra money. I feel safe in my Commander, and I would recommend it to anyone. This car is a true commander of the road.

The strong headlights. The command view sunroofs. And most of all the box shape of the car.

The wind noise from the front windshield. More leg room for the 2nd row. And remove the 3rd row because it's useless.

Solid reliable SUV
By brankev

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Car is true and sometimes better than listed mileage. Feel very safe driving this vehicle with family and handles wonderfully. Would and have been recommending to others.

Mileage is great for an SUV

Simply the best choice
By Tony

2006 Jeep Commander 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my Commander and love it. Have not had any problems and very comfortable ride. Gets a lot of attention and always gets a " sweet ride" comment.

Everything

Gas mileage

First Jeep and Love It
By tcchadwell

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought used, fully loaded Limited with 4.7 L V8. Rides like a four door sedan unlike my old Explorer or Durango. Very quiet on the highway too. Smaller V8 provides plenty of performance. So far I have found no problems with it. Third seat is split with straps on the back to pull up and fold flat. Daughter loves to sit in the third row. Nav system is a must although touch screen would be even better.

Ride, interior comfort, sound system, gadgets, styling

Better rear window vision (third row seats sit up a little too high), gas mileage