2019 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2019 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

2019 JEEP CHEROKEE-- STALLS WHILE DRIVING--BEWARE
By IhateMy2019Jeep

2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I leased this car 4/23/18 and since then (today is 8/9/2018) the car has stalled WHILE DRIVING 3 times. The car has 5200 miles on it. Took the car in on a Tuesday and dealer checked the oil, said it was fine, and they had never heard of a 2019 stalling and did not have time to look at it. I called the service department manager and he asked me to bring the car in Wednesday. Today (Thursday) the service manager calls and tells me that the car was 2 quarts low on oil (how?) and that the car stalling while me driving it is a safety feature! When the oil is low the car dies--because hey, that's safe right! It's safe to be driving with your six year old in the car and your car just DIES WITHOUT ANY WARNING. Not sure how they consider this a safety feature for your car to just die while driving it? Please for your safety stay far far away from this car. If I could get out of this lease today I would.

Love my Jeep Cherokee
By Forrest

2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude Plus 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

This is my first Jeep and I love it. The cloth/leather seats are much more comfortable than the all leather. The ride and quietness are impressive. The nine speaker sound system is good, I do miss not having a CD player. I have not had an opportunity to go off road, but I am sure it will do whatever I need. I bought it to flat tow behind my Motorhome, which it does with ease. I am disappointed that the odometer racks up miles while being towed. I am going to research this further. Overall very happy I bought this vehicle.

Not Elite So far
By Don

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite 4dr SUV 4WD (3.2L 6cyl 9A)

We picked up our 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite on Wednesday, August 1st. Had to take it back to the dealer on August 3rd for intermittent airbag alerts and dash light illumination along with some other intermittent traction control light gremlins. Service department told us that the they'd probably not be able to provide a loaner/rental for a car that had about 120 miles on it but that it needed to stay with them in the name of safety as the airbags may not deploy if there were to be an accident. Needless to say, that did not go over well. They did end up providing us another Trailhawk Elite after some discussions. The issues had to be taken to the engineers at Chrysler for their "expertise" based on the codes that had been generated and stored. As of last night there is still no resolution with more info to come today. For their sake, I hope the news I get today is better and that I am not the one pulling the info from them as I had to do yesterday. I am stunned that this is from a dealership that I have personally bought four cars from now and referred one or two people that have bought cars there. It looks like maybe a new relationship with a different dealer may be in order if this does not get fixed promptly. We have another dealer that is way closer to my house than the current one. Looks like I may need to familiarize myself with the Ohio lemon law rules but lets hope it does not come to that.

Great car much improved over my 2016 Jeep Cherokee
By James Simpson

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite 4dr SUV 4WD (3.2L 6cyl 9A)

I traded my 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk in for this. As much as I liked the old one I really have noticed significant improvements with the new one. Transmission is much smoother and the engine seems to have more power even though it is the same size as the 2016 engine. The best improvement is the outside lighting. I can see so much better with the LED lights versus the halogen lights. Overall I really love this car.

Elite w/ new 2.0L Turbo Engine, NOT 3.2L!
By New to JEEP

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite 4dr SUV 4WD (3.2L 6cyl 9A)

Strange that Edmunds does not include the 2.0 engine option, which is new for 2019 and will be available also on Wrangler. I have leisurely been looking at replacement options for my 2002 Saab for several years and never found a vehicle that checked so many boxes as the reworked 2019 Cherokee. It excels in so many ways if you are interested in a vehicle of its type, size and capability. Decided to switch up to something more rugged and heavy than my beloved Saab so I can take long adventurous trips feeling more secure, given so many big vehicles on the roads these days. My only concern with SUVs in general are their rollover instability compared to good sedans, so driving defensively becomes more important. Never thought I would get another Chrysler product after having a Stratus and Caravan, but the new Cherokee is just so appealing, especially in upper trim levels. Given the new engine, and past experience, I did purchase a lifetime drive train and more warranty, just in case. So far, I am very pleased and hope to enjoy this fun, utilitarian (with full size spare) and well thought out ride for many years. My wife wants one of her own right away and she has a Lexus RX330 with no issues. Door armrest interferes a bit with left knee for me (6' tall), but not as much as many other vehicles I tried out. Wish seat was a bit wider too, but it is nonetheless plush and comfortable as is although I have yet to take this Elite on a long trip. Very good headroom and ergonomics, including well thought out and implemented technology. Will give it 5 stars if I'm equally pleased after a year or two.