2018 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

My Brownstone Beauty
By NancyMcKinney

2018 Jeep Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.2L 6cyl 9A)

For a MRSP of over $43,000, the car should include a CD player. I didn't notice it did not have one until taking it home. Also, never buy the extended warrantee at the time of purchase, as a better offer will come from Chrysler/Mopar shortly. In fact, I have had multiple better offers than the one I purchased from the dealer. I sometimes feel what I describe as a slip in the transmission when backing out and then going forward. The dealer checked it out and could find no problem. Please read the extended service contract. You must have the required maintenance done at the proper dealer for warrantee to stand. Other than that, I love the luxury feel and safety features of the 2018 Jeep Cherokee Overland. I'm looking forward to driving my first SUV for many years.

Very happy with this jeep
By Jeff

2018 Jeep Cherokee Latitude Plus 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Have the V6 for towing. Very comfortable car, quiet and smooth ride on the highway. Get about 25 mpg on the highway going 75 mph, and 22 mpg around town or combined. So far no complaints. Shifts can be a little strange sometimes especially when starting up, but they smooth out after warming up.

Great value
By Frank

2018 Jeep Cherokee Latitude Plus 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

2018 Jeep Cherokee is a reliable vehicle that offers great value. The headlights are bright and offer good viability at night, the suspension is solid and the ride comfortable. While many have issues with the way the front end looks, I for one love the until recently no other SUV looks like it.

Dipping my toes in luxury
By K. Hall

2018 Jeep Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.2L 6cyl 9A)

Seven months driving my Jeep Cherokee and I’m still loving it. This is the first time I’ve had leather with heated and ventilated seats, and I haven’t been disappointed by them. I especially love the heated seats and steering wheel coming on automatically when the temps are really low. I didn’t have a need for 3rd row seat, but I had to have a 6 cylinder engine after being underwhelmed by 4 cylinder cars in the past. Unfortunately, V6 engines are getting harder to find in midsize cars and crossovers. I’m not super impressed with the power of the V6 Cherokee’s engine climbing hills, so I can imagine the 4 must be sluggish. The controls for radio and heat/air need to be easier to operate while driving. There are buttons for controlling the temp but most of the controls are in the touchscreen which requires too much visual contact to fool with while driving. I would also recommend Jeep make the active drive setting default to off rather than on. Aside from those operational critiques, I love the fit and finish. The cabin is quiet and handling is great. It’s a fun car to drive.

Homerun!
By Terese Chanel

2018 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I love my Jeep Cherokee, it is everything I wanted!