Used 2001 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 113 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Jeep Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

My prayer was answered
By Mimi

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I could not leave this site without commenting. My jeep was stolen last week and I only prayed that I would get it back, not totalled. My prayer was answered! I am a 67 year old grandmother who takes her grandkids (and friends)everywhere. Seven years of car seats and kids in and out, no problem. I cannot imagine having to replace this vehicle, at least not anytime soon. I would have had to find another 2001 Cherokee Sport if need be! Have never had any major problems, which I attribute to proper maintenance. Love My Jeep!

Cannot pick any favorites features. Just the whole package. And, it was even better after I after I added customer wheels and tires and put a slight lift on it. Love it.

Nothing I can think of.

great little jeep
By sierragrl

2001 Jeep Cherokee SE 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 4th jeep cherokee, and I guess my last one since they quit making them. I love it. It powers up hills, flies past the slow moving vehicles on passing opportunities. When I had a toyota there was no passing allowed, it didn't have enough umhph. But cherokees, no problem. Its great off-road, its small dimensions are perfect for tight hairpin turns on narrow, steep dirt roads. And all my jeeps have been extremely reliable. nothing has gone wrong on them and I drove each one till 130,000 miles.

reliability. 4.0 L engine. Size, small enough to go anywhere, but I could still sleep in it.

I can't believe they never changed the windshield wipers so you could leave them up so they don't freeze to the windshield!

Jeeps are my life
By sdv

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned 5 Jeeps. 83 cj7, 88 Wrangler, 2-91 Cherokees, and this 01 Cherokee. They all had the inline six cyl. motors. Good rugged vehicles. I plowed with the cj and wrangler and they held up good. The Cherokees are good cars but they all seem to have issues around the 100000 mile mark. I have learned from the past to just bite the bullet and put radiators in them at the 100 grand mark. They are not that good on gas (maybe 21 to 23 on a trip)but I still keep buying them..LOL They are good in the snow climate up here in the northeast. This 2001 Cherokee has had synthetic oil changes since new so we will so how long I can run this without getting the usual compression blow by.

good ride, stereo, ruggedness, and body design.

The 4 wheel drive systems should be full time or all wheel drive not part time 4 wheel, parts can get a little expensive also for some repairs.

junk
By Jason

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I just got this jeep and let me tell you it stinks! No power no good off road capabilities. Worst of all no room. I have a family of 4 and none of us are liking it. Im going back to my chevy Avalanch more room, power and better fuel milage.

The used car lot that took it off my hands

buy a different car

Great Jeep
By hsowle

2001 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

Amazing Jeep. I have had it for 2 years and have had no mechanical problems, with the exception of a faulty check engine light. I take it off roading and it handles like a dream in snow and rain. There is limited head room, but the front seats are exceptionally comfy (especially with the seat heaters). Not great gas mileage, but you don't buy an SUV expecting great mileage. I would highly recommend this Jeep to anyone who wants a reliable workhorse of a vehicle. By far the most reliable and versatile vehicle that Jeep has ever come out with. I wish they'd bring them back!

4WD, handling off road/snowy weather, looks, reliability

More head room, more leg room in the backseat, PLEASE BRING THEM BACK!