Used 2001 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 114 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Jeep Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

good old jeep
By christine

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Me and my husband got this Jeep after I drove on of his buddy's jeeps. I like his and wanted one. This Jeep has been good to us. Just the normal repairs. We bought it used with 43,000 miles. Good power, goes in snow and mud. I would like to get a brand new one if I could. We have 105,000 miles and it still is going strong.

everything good power, rides nice

bring them back

Stil the best
By chris h.

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

bought this in '05 with 40K on it in showroom new shape , added air raid cold air induction & t/b spacer to up horsepower and save gas (when i could keep from gunning it..WOW) always wanted one and when i finally got it just couldn't get enough. Most people don't get the chance to put a daily driver 4wd to the test but I made sure i did and this vehicle took everything from 3 ft snow drifts to 2ft deep flooded areas like a champ. Make sure you keep up the maintenance and you'll be perfect. Oh and you gotta love that Jeep finally changed the liberty for '08 to look like a modern Cherokee, guess they do listen ;o)

Everything!!!

Aftermarket -cold air induction, performance t/b spacer, heavy duty front pads and look into a hypertech iii for this ..You'll get unreal towing and power and actually get almost 30 mph highway (if you can resist the urge to launch this puppy!!!!!

Jeeperz
By Jeeperz

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Best all around car. Fun on and off road. it's one of three Jeeps we have. I got it with 80K miles and drive it hard. Easy to fix up with many upgrades I can go any where my son goes in his Rubicon

Plain Jane style yet very sporty.

Bring them back to production!

Once you go Jeep, you never go steep.
By jeph23

2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Jeep now for about a year and I've put on about 20k miles on it. Bought it at 71k miles, it's got 91k on it now. I had to replace the radiator and the TPS sensor. Radiator was cracked before I bought it evidently due to all of the stop leak in it when I took it out. Other than that, this thing has been a dream. The family loves it, it's very roomy, reliable, and so comfortable to drive. For not being a full-size vehicle, you feel like you are in command of the road and plus you aren't taken over by the thing either like a full-size. It laughs at any bad weather condition too. I will be keeping this Jeep for a very long time.

It's gorgeous when it is clean and gorgeous when it's caked in mud! The power behind the 4.0L is awesome even with the A/C on. The drivetrain all together is bulletproof too. I have the basic cloth seats and they are like riding on pillows everyday.

Put gauges in these things, not dummy lights!

Best Truck Ever!
By Cleveland

2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I waited years for a Jeep. Wanted A Wrangler, but I am a professional guitarist, and needed the interior room for my gear. I have had this Jeep almost two years now, and have very few complaints. It kills off- road, kills in the snow, and will track through deep mud almost like it's on dry pavement. Handles great on the highway too, although high winds can be an adventure. At over 100,000 miles, it still runs incredibly strong. I regularly take it on long road trips without a second thought. It tends to chew up tires, it's loud, not real cushy, and the fuel economy could be better, but hey, it's a 4WD truck, not a luxury vehicle. I plan to drive it until it croaks or I do.

Tons of torque, and fantastic foul weather/all terrain handling. I would confidently drive this truck in any conditions.

Discontinue all of the ugly and fru- fru, soccer-mom stuff and start making real trucks like the Cherokee again. I used to get sweaty when I saw a Jeep ad, now I just get disappointed.