Used 2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 113 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

GREAT JEEP
By GIJEEP

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV Sport 4dr SUV

I've had my Jeep a little over a year now and it has been an excellent vehicle. It's got great styling and great reliability. I've only had to change the tires, oil and wiper blades since I’ve had it. If you’re looking for a reliable great looking SUV buy a Jeep Cherokee

The styling and reliability.

Put this truck back into production and make a high performance version with the 415hp hemi.

two years - still goes!
By zero

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

In the two years I have owned my Cherokee, I've logged 20k on a Jeep i bought with 33k. This Jeep has been a workhorse if I've ever seen one. Yeah, a few small issues have popped up; oil pressure gauge, new shocks, tires, and the usual maintenance -- but aside from that, this truck keeps going. I'm averaging 19 mpg with a combination of 75% highway and 25% city. I needed a reliable vehicle that would endure the beating that roads around the NYC area would throw at it. The Jeep fit the bill. It's great in the snow, the A/C handles the heat well, and long trips with my Cherokee are a pleasure

Acceleration, gas mileage, comfort, durability, reliability, design.

This truck is no longer built, but rear headrests, along with a larger back seat would fit the bill - it seems the Liberty solved that. Standard fog lights on the Limited.

Great Ride!
By craig

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had my Cherokee for almost 2 years and have not had a problem with it. I bought mine used with 34K and now have almost 70K and it runs like a charm. Within a year I had to put new tires and shocks. Aside from that, I have not had any issues. Its fast, handles rather well, gets prety good gas milage and isj ust a workhorse.

4.0 liter engine.

No leg room in back
By Yingo

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD

Adults will find their knees pressed against the back of the front seat, even shorties like me (5'3"). The front seat does not move back very far and my 6' brother felt cramped in it and his head brushed the headliner. The back seats are VERY difficult for an adult to get out of due to the very small door opening. Not the right car for anyone with any type of leg or knee restriction or injury.

Turns great tight corners, very dependable and a nice looking car.

More leg space both front and back, a bigger door opening in back and more headroom.

MY RED BABY!
By jeepdate

2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV Classic 4dr SUV

I love this JEEP. Have owned it for going on 5 years now. Bought it with 27k miles on it, and have never ONCE not ONCE had it in the shop. It is built to drive. It is built for hauling (hauled my bass boat with it), and it is built to last. We have to sell it soon to accommodate our growing family, and I am just bummed that Jeep has decided not to make the Cherokee Classic style anymore. If you get a chance to buy one - DO IT!

Body style, pick up and go, tow ability, tough lil' SUV.

Bring back this body style!