Used 1992 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1992 Jeep Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

92 Cherokee Laredo
By cyerby2326

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

I bought the Jeep with about 150k miles on it. Now has about 230k. Still has original motor, trans, a/c components and many other things. Had to replace tie rods and ball joints at 200k and other minor stuff along the way. I love it. I have since bought A 98 Cherokee. I love it too.

You cant break it. It should be broke the places i take it. Very reliable

A better rear end with positive traction. CUP HOLDERS!!!!!!

Love my Jeep!
By kellib

1992 Jeep Cherokee 4dr SUV 4WD

Now this 92 that I bought for $500 has as many miles as it takes to get to the moon, plus a couple hundred more. I can say it's very, very reliable though. A friend's dad of mine bought it for $100 (he new someone) in 06. It's pretty junky and theres a lot of cosmetic problems, but there's never been anything wrong with the engine.The things I'm fixing recently are windshield wipers (keep coming disconnected), a new muffler (this ones rusted out) and the turn signals work work at times (it's not a fuse I checked). Please let me know if anyone else has any similar problems. But honestly this was a GREAT BUY. I will definitely look into a newer model because of this one.

Fun to drive, Comfortable, Nice look to it.

Better mufflers, they all seem to rust out quickly, make the body longer lasting also.

Bulletproof '92 Cherokee Laredo 4.0l
By [dse]Circlestrafe

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I drive vehicles fast and hard. My '92 Cherokee is no exception. Since buying it used 11 years ago with 62,000 miles, I've replaced the A/C compressor, oil pan (drain plug was cross-threaded and retapped, found this out at first oil change), and clutch twice, and the HVAC blower motor, and starter. Everything else routine maintenance. I've driven places Humvee owners would fear to tread (the real H1s). This vehicle is outstanding performance wise. 0-60 in 9 seconds and that's how I drive it. I'd buy another one, but I don't think I'll ever have to, it just won't quit!

4WD, 4.0l, bulletproof engine and 5spd transmission. Unibody construction. Excellent handling...rollover prone? 35+mph Uturns on 2 lane roads...rapid lane changes (my other car is a 94 Mitsu Eclipse GSX) I've never come close to rolling the Cherokee.

REAL cup holders. Somewhere to place a CB/cd changer. It's 4WD, put skid plates as standard equipment. Ditch the Liberty/Compass/etc and bring the Classic Cherokee back!

love my jeep
By lovein the jeep

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my jeep at the end of 2004 for like $2000 and i can tell it's very tough i live on a dirt road and it has taken a beaten here, it had the wheel fall off and there was no damage but just the disc, had belts brake and wrap around fan and still drive fine, it's pulled me out of at least a 2 feet thick mud from these roads I live one and no problems, and I'm planning to buy another just because this auto hasn't left me stranded not yet I really love my jeep i have had a lot of electric problem with mostly the fuses

comfort and power and durability

electric

92 Jeep Cherokee Laredo - My best friend
By Lady_Arwen

1992 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV

I purchased my 92 Jeep Cherokee Laredo in 1996. Needless to say, I'm still driving it and you can't pry it away from me. It's been very reliable with the usual proper care. I plan on driving her as long as she's standing on all four tires, and just replacing parts as needed as my vehicle ages.

Comfort of the seats.