Used 1990 Jaguar XJ-Series Consumer Reviews

$825 - $1,771

Used XJ-Series for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Mine's a 1990 XJ12 Vanden Plas - Not listed here but....

tojoso, 05/29/2014
XJ6 Vanden Majestic 4dr Sedan

I have an XJ12 Vanden Plas 4 dr 12 cyl that is hard to find reviews for so I thought I'd post mine in it's little brother's area. This Car is AMAZING. Not only is it of superb comfort and style but the darn thing is bulletproof. It cruises along at 60 - 70 mph without effort and feels more like you're in first class seating on an aircraft. Everything is situated perfectly for comfort and access.

I'm Too Sexy ...

Tony Heat, 09/19/2002
XJ6 4dr Sedan

2nd owner; bought w/60k miles; orig owner had suspension converted; was in immaculate condition! It now has 130k miles but starting to blow oil smoke. Also, I can't seem to keep (1) tires in camber and (2) A/C charged with freon. Have spent about $2k in repair work in last 6 years.

Smooth Rider

soccadad, 10/01/2006
XJS 2dr Coupe

I paid $3K for this car via a friend in the Jaguar business. It was a single owner car with 35K miles. The gel coat was bad, plus I immediately spent another $3K on brakes (a full rear end job is very expensive on any XJS model prior to 95), and it's been worth every penny. I'm about to splash out on a paint job, because I love the old fashioned style of the car, and this one has chrome wire wheels as well. I may have had about 10 Jags, including 3 XJSs, 3 XJ12s, and an XJR (8) and my wife has a 2005 S-Type with all the "bells and whistles", and I think I am enjoying this as much as any, even the XJR. Don't let the low initial cost fool you though. It's not a cheap car to own.

Great luxomobile, still turns heads

KWolford, 07/15/2002
XJ6 Sovereign 4dr Sedan

large enough, still quiet and powerfull, reasonable economy BUT needs premium fuel. The steering died and needed BOTH pump and rack, replaced at 120 K miles for about $900 with rebuilt parts. Everything else still works, no other reliability problems. It drives nice and turns heads, elegant car and rarer thna your average neibour's Benz or BMW.

Good, but not great

felipeart, 05/29/2008
XJ6 Sovereign 4dr Sedan

Have had my XJ6 Sovereign for 6 years now. A great entry model into Jaguar driving, but get as late a model as possible, 1990 on up or later. Don't get 1989 or lower. If possible get a 1995 or later.