Used 2010 Jaguar XF Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Jaguar XF

View reviews for a specific XF model:

Great Car and Fantastic Value....
By AJMarton

2010 Jaguar XF Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have an LR2 coming off lease and was considering the Jag XF, Audi A6, Mercedes E350 and BMW 335 or 5 series as my next car. I also have a 2000 XJ8 so I was a little concerned about build quality and reliability. I ultimately chose the XF because of its unique styling. There are so many BMWs and Mercedes in LA that I wanted something different for my $50k. The XF is definitely a head turner and I love the body styling. Reminds me of the Austin. It also has a well appointed interior with all the bells and whistles you can ask for. I was really turned off by the fact that most of the options I wanted were extra on the BMW. The performance is also amazing and you can really tweak it.

Sport and paddle shift options. Cool power up features. I really like the experience of getting into the XF and watching the power button pulse and then the vents roll up and shifter comes up quickly. I can start up the XF quicker than the LR2 which I thought was slow when I was in a hurry.

Better video display and update NAV system. Its essentially the same as in my 2007 LR2. Better quality paddles. Lights under the hood and in trunk. Auto trunk close. Less dust on OEM brake pads.

Former Jag Lover
By Birmingham Man

2010 Jaguar XF 4dr Sedan (4.2L 8cyl 6A)

I test drove a 2010 XF about a year ago and it felt solid and drove well. I was impressed. I decided to take out a 4 year lease. Little did I know the problems that await less than a week later. From the check engine light to squeaks and rattles, this car has been a nightmare to own. In the first 2 months it spent 40 days in the shop. It is not "screwed and glued" together well at all. Now after almost a year I can truly say it is the worst car I've ever owned. Jaguar USA was no help. I felt completely helpless after talking to them. The car just sits in the garage, rarely driven because I'm not sure what will break next, additionally, squeaks and rattles still run rampant.

Quality and Reliability

One Bad Cat
By Rob

2010 Jaguar XF XFR 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

I have owned this car for a little over a year now and all I can say is WOW. Jaguar is back with a vengeance. Look out BMW, AUDI,and MB, you have some strong competition out there. This car is a bad cat.

Exterior and Interior color combination, Power, Exhaust note

Coolant Gauge

Love (almost) everything about it
By TomS

2010 Jaguar XF Premium 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Had car almost 2 mos and so far it's a really great. Styling is equal to or better than any sedan out there (Bentleys, etc. excepted). Also, don't see yourself coming and going like BMW and MB. Engine, transmission and performance are so smooth. Trans in manual mode very quick. Gobs of power. Handles well in normal mode but really need to go to Sport and Dynamic mode to really experience what the car can do. Interior is beautiful and very comfortable and quiet. Some controls and displays rather quirky, like the Navi does not re-calculate route and some controls require too many steps. Otherwise, fantastic car.

Engine and trans, choice of driving modes, paddle shifters, styling, interior design, comfort and quiet, rarity, very good size trunk with fold down rear seat.

simplify controls, more up-to-date Nav system, real- time weather and traffic, all-wheel drive version.

Bad brake pads
By Maria

2010 Jaguar XF Supercharged 4dr Sedan (5.0L 8cyl S/C 6A)

Don't buy Jaguar XF 2010 unless you want to fix brake pads every 10,000 miles at $350.00 and buy new tires at $380.00 each every 10,000 milea. It is a beautiful car but too expensive to maintain.