Used 2005 Jaguar X-Type Consumer Reviews - 61 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Jaguar X-Type

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

2005 X-type VDP
By Andy

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Overall I am very pleased with my experience with the car. The styling is exquisite and the interior elegance is above its competitors. The car has plenty of power (3L V6 engine) to make my driving fun and leave a fair amount of cars behind.

The wood work on this car is superior to other cars in the same class. It gives it that Jaguar special touch and feeling. The touch-screen GPS/audio/climate control center is well appointed and easy to work.

Gas mileage is a bit low for a V6 engine, particularly when other Jaguar V8s are giving better MPG.

My Jag
By stanny

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After driving a mercedes for 7 years and RX7s for 11 years I switched to the Jag. I could not be happier, it drives like a sports coupe, but still has a safe backseat for my 7 yr old daughter.

Navigation.

Stronger speaker covers in the backseat, mine broke within 6 months after my daughter hit it with her foot getting out of the car, then of course you have to replace the ENTIRE door panel, you can't just replace the speaker cover.

Great Value
By Mike

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has not only been fun to drive but a great value as well. The trunk is huge. However the back seat is very tight with limited legroom and headroom for passengers and somewhat difficult to enter/exit.

My favorite feature is the styling. I like how the car stands out from the endless number of BMWs and Mercedes you see on the road.

They missed the boat by not including several very basic features such as an interior trunk release button, interior master door lock/unlock controls, MP3 compatible CD player. The climate control and radio instrumentation could be dressed up, the display background looks plain and somewhat cheap

Great Car
By CMcnam8163

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L Sportwagon 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car. I never have seen another one on the road. This car is so practical, I really hope they continue making them. I'm really tired of SUVs and this car is the perfect alternative. Really stylish!

I turn a lot of head when driving the car.

Interior leather is cheap! Leather scratches easily.

Love my 05 X-type AWD
By robert allen

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The only thing I don't like about my car is the mileage, but I knew that going in. The car drives like a sports car - quick off the line, responds easily and effortlessly, takes the corners like a champ! There is one annoyance - a sporadic rattle and bump from the steering column (I think) which the dealer can't figure out. Other than that, this car is a gem! And people ooh and ahh when then see it or I tell them I have a Jaguar.

None. They're all my favorites.

Make all the options standard, such as Bluetooth and the headlamp washers.