Used 2005 Jaguar X-Type Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Jaguar X-Type

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

My Jag
By stanny

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

After driving a mercedes for 7 years and RX7s for 11 years I switched to the Jag. I could not be happier, it drives like a sports coupe, but still has a safe backseat for my 7 yr old daughter.

Navigation.

Stronger speaker covers in the backseat, mine broke within 6 months after my daughter hit it with her foot getting out of the car, then of course you have to replace the ENTIRE door panel, you can't just replace the speaker cover.

Great Value
By Mike

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has not only been fun to drive but a great value as well. The trunk is huge. However the back seat is very tight with limited legroom and headroom for passengers and somewhat difficult to enter/exit.

My favorite feature is the styling. I like how the car stands out from the endless number of BMWs and Mercedes you see on the road.

They missed the boat by not including several very basic features such as an interior trunk release button, interior master door lock/unlock controls, MP3 compatible CD player. The climate control and radio instrumentation could be dressed up, the display background looks plain and somewhat cheap

Great Car
By CMcnam8163

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L Sportwagon 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I love my car. I never have seen another one on the road. This car is so practical, I really hope they continue making them. I'm really tired of SUVs and this car is the perfect alternative. Really stylish!

I turn a lot of head when driving the car.

Interior leather is cheap! Leather scratches easily.

Love my 05 X-type AWD
By robert allen

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The only thing I don't like about my car is the mileage, but I knew that going in. The car drives like a sports car - quick off the line, responds easily and effortlessly, takes the corners like a champ! There is one annoyance - a sporadic rattle and bump from the steering column (I think) which the dealer can't figure out. Other than that, this car is a gem! And people ooh and ahh when then see it or I tell them I have a Jaguar.

None. They're all my favorites.

Make all the options standard, such as Bluetooth and the headlamp washers.

I love this car
By John

2005 Jaguar X-Type 3.0L 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first Jag and I love it. It handles wonderfully, has lots of power, and has presented no mechanical problems whatsoever. The sound system is superb. It's great in the snow and cuts through large drifts without problems. Overall I would definitely lease this car again.

Include tire rotation with covered maintenence .