Used 2004 Jaguar X-Type Consumer Reviews - 201 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Jaguar X-Type

View reviews for a specific X-Type model:

Piece of junk
By Buddy

2004 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car brand new in 2004. I have only 35000 miles and this started giving me problems before even it reached 20,000 miles. I have spent over $2500 on repairs. Now I hear whining noise when I drive and my dealer says it needs all new hoses $2000. I must say quality of Jaguar is far worst than any other car in the market. It's not worth $10,000 I can't believe I paid over $32,000 for this junk. I would never ever buy any Jaguar ever.

NONE

Awesome Luxury Car
By Jaguar man

2004 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought my first jaguar A 2004 Jaguar x type 3.0 With sport package And love it..It seems to ride great good pick up power all around great car a little expensive for insurance and plates but the car is well worth it..Love the heated seats and the seats are very comfortable I have put 3000 miles already on it... A very dependable car. I love the looks that people give when they see the car - looks like a million bucks very sleek look. The gas millage is not as good as advertised but I get about 20 miles to the gallon. I did do a lot of research on this car before I bought it and seen a lot of positive stuff about it

The sport package, sunroof, heated seats, the power it has.

More power outlets there is only one there needs to be at least four and maybe a bigger back seat there is no way 2 adults can fit back there comfortably.

Awesome car!!
By Josh boyles

2004 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I saw this car and fell in love with it. Love the awd and the sport button, fast. Great horsepower. My first jag and so far am very impressed, the awd is great and the pick up power is nice to have.

the motor, the style, the color

bigger back seat, more power outlets

Why bad reviews?
By David

2004 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I do not understand why Edmunds rates this car down, I nearly did not buy it in '04 because of that and it has been a terrific car! It handles wonderful in all types of road conditions, it has great pep and I always get 26+mph, if I slow down to speed limit of 5 above it goes up to 27+. Even after 5 years people still admire it and make comments. I always trade by 4 years but I can't find anything I like better. The only criticism I have is premium gas requirement. The ride is a bit stiff but the handling more than makes up for it. Listen to the owners Edmunds, we like this car.

Love the reverse sensors and the fact that the trunk and fold down rear seats will accommodate my tent and gear if I go camping.

Give it a compass option rather than expensive GPS only.

Great performance & dependability
By brenda9417

2004 Jaguar X-Type 3.0 4dr AWD Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Sadly, I totaled my Jag last week. It had over 105,000 miles and still drove like it was new off the lot! Whether in sport mode or regular this Jag hugs the road like a dream, stops on a dime, and accelerates on demand. Of course, I did service my car regularly- -which helps with whatever car you own. I had no doubt in my mind that the car would have rolled over 300,000 miles. I've owned Mercedes, Lexus and BMW and would (hands down) place this car above all of those on reliability and performance. I am currently looking for another X-type to replace it!

Overall performance, great sound system, the overall dependability of the car, the comfort and stunning style. Oh, and I love the Jaguar "growl" the engine makes when you're rolling down the road.

The center console could be improved.